Last Rifle I’ll Ever Need

Good choice. Post pics of the grouping when you hit the range.

Last rifle? Yeah Right! I said the same thing 20 yrs ago when I got my M77 7/08, but it seems that somehow 3 more have found the 'need to have' label along the way. But, Yes, you made a d@mn good choice. Happy hunting. (42-43 gr of Varget & 140 Nosler BT's, but keep that a secret between you and me)

Life got in the way of me making it to the range quickly. Still on the first box of Corelokts for break-in, it printed this group after a cleaning (shots 8, 9, and 10 in the life of the barrel). I plan to get a couple boxes of cheap lead through it and then sight-in some E-tips for hunting. But it's looking like it will shoot as well as this shooter will let it.

image0.jpeg

Can't go wrong with the venerable 7mm-HT. Or maybe we should rename it the .280 Newberg.

In any event, looks like a great rifle, but I find that for me when it comes to rifles, "need" doesn't really have a lot to do with it. 😀

Why waste bullets on break-in? Try different brands to see which shoots best then go with that. Ask your grandpa about his thoughts on barrel break-in.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back