Last night in Nebraska…

We went to the zoo and the air and space museum last Summer. Outside the zoo lying on a park bench we saw a fully naked homeless woman passed out. That kind of stuff is shocking to someone who comes from a town of 150 and only 1 stoplight in the county. Of course I turned around to make sure I saw what I saw.
I was driving through St Louis on our way to a Cardinals game last month and the GPS took us through a, shall we say, shady neighborhood. Just looked to my right at a stoplight to see a crackhead with its pants around its ankles dropping a deuce in someones yard. Didn't stop at anymore lights until we made it to the stadium

You missed the petrified wood museum in Ogalala.

Pride of all Nebraska.

Glad you made it through safe, if I was on the interstate that number of times passed would’ve at least been 1. 🤣
Hey, I actually like western Nebraska. Got a good buddy lives near Scottsbluff I've hunted with a couple times. The eastern two thirds? not so much

I was driving through St Louis on our way to a Cardinals game last month and the GPS took us through a, shall we say, shady neighborhood. Just looked to my right at a stoplight to see a crackhead with its pants around its ankles dropping a deuce in someones yard. Didn't stop at anymore lights until we made it to the stadium
I know where you are talking about. The north side of the stadium is pretty sketchy.

I just want @Stocker to know we made it safely through. View attachment 238467
Time entering 10:30pm
Time leaving: somewhere around 3:30am
Average speed: 87 mph
Numbers of cars passed: 437 with Nebraska plates
Number of vehicles passed on the right: 12
Number of times passed: 0
Best part: it was dark and I slept for about 2 hours of that leg.
I'll be rubbing elbows with old Stocker next week. Poor lad is gonna start losing sleep over all those Iowans blowing his doors off.

You guys also missed out on stopping at Paradise City in Elm Creek. There’s no need to bother with the petrified wood museum once you’ve been to paradise city.
Especially now that shakers is gone in Waverly.

Paradise city is well…… um…….. I’ve heard a little iffy. 😂

I’ve got to decide between Nebraska and Missouri/Kansas for next week’s drive. I’ve always rather enjoyed Nebraska though.
I70 sucks, no denying it. I80 full of truckers having a drag race and not allowing anyone to pass for 3 miles because one wants to go 71mph instead of 70 though. Its a wash to me.

I70 sucks, no denying it. I80 full of truckers having a drag race and not allowing anyone to pass for 3 miles because one wants to go 71mph instead of 70 though. Its a wash to me.
That definitely happened a few times. They see you coming up behind them a 1/2 mile back and as you are just getting on them they flip the blinker on and pull out to go around a line of 4 semis.

Back