Last night in Nebraska…

That definitely happened a few times. They see you coming up behind them a 1/2 mile back and as you are just getting on them they flip the blinker on and pull out to go around a line of 4 semis.
You think that pisses you off, try being 95,000 # plus. They kill that momentum, then it takes a mile to get back up. I used to berate the hell out of them on the CB but most of them don’t even have CB’s anymore. Aggressive hand gestures just have to suffice.

Good call getting past Lincoln. I’d rather put a paper cut between all of my toes then Try to get through there on a Saturday in September.
From Omaha to Grand Island 80 is a nightmare from 8am-6pm every damn day. They are gonna go to 6 lanes all the way to GI but the morons will just have 3 lanes blocked then, won’t help.

From Omaha to Grand Island 80 is a nightmare from 8am-6pm every damn day. They are gonna go to 6 lanes all the way to GI but the morons will just have 3 lanes blocked then, won’t help.
I will give that to Nebraska, they had guys working on the road 24 hours to get shit done and it was smooth. Iowa will probably just put a little hot patch in a pot hole and call it good.

You think that pisses you off, try being 95,000 # plus. They kill that momentum, then it takes a mile to get back up. I used to berate the hell out of them on the CB but most of them don’t even have CB’s anymore. Aggressive hand gestures just have to suffice.
I always let truckers in. I flash my lights to let them know when they are clear or if I’m going to let them in. The only exception is flat bed trucks.

Those friggin trucks hauling windmill blades too. Those guys, more so their pilot cars, are going to get someone killed.

I was driving through St Louis on our way to a Cardinals game last month and the GPS took us through a, shall we say, shady neighborhood. Just looked to my right at a stoplight to see a crackhead with its pants around its ankles dropping a deuce in someones yard. Didn't stop at anymore lights until we made it to the stadium
You haven't live until you've run the gauntlet out of Candlestick Park in San Fran. We would leave leave a tie game in the bottom of the eight to avoid the stop and go getting out of there.

Amazing how good the brakes are on a Smart Car.

Shakers is gone?! Say it isn't so. No more funding for the girls just getting through school... 😁
I really thought they were going to make it when they started offering drive through lap dances but unfortunately a pandemic was just too much.

Reactions: JDH
I always stop in Gothenburg so I can visit the two Cubby's gas stations across the street from each other and get a disappointing meal from Runza.
The steakhouse is good, we only discovered it after 3 trips over to hunt .

I used to as well. Not anymore, at least not on Nebraska.

I lost count of how many would pull into the left lane and go .5 mph faster than the truck in the right lane. It was one of the more insane drives of my life.
We drove through the night last night heading East. I slept from Colorado border to just west of Lincoln. But from Lincoln to Omaha traffic wasn’t to bad. Got home this morning about 8 am.

It is real frustrating when you are doing 10 over and there are no cars for a half mile so you know the semi sees you coming up on him and about 100 feet before you are alongside of him the blinker comes on and he merges, going 70.5 around a line of 5 trucks going 70.25.

Ha yep, that’s the maneuver!

We drove straight through last night, rolled into the driveway at around 3am. Aside from jockeying around some trucks it was a smooth drive.

Did they lower the qualifications for truckers? The amount of truckers who want to go 20 miles side by side with another trucker on a two lane highway is out of control. Half the time I drive through Arlington on I-80 I end up stuck at 30mph behind trucks trying to pass each other on a hill they must know they can't climb.

I always find it fascinating on long drives like that how you get on the same pattern for stops with other hunters. We stopped at the first place inside Nebraska and there was a group of 4 hunters heading east. The next stop, 4 hours later at a shell station that only the pumps were on, the same truck pulled next to us as we were finishing fueling.

And I always make up some back story for people as I pass them as to what kind of adventure they are on. Stereotyping big time of course depending on the vehicle or what they are hauling.

Back