Last Minute Mountain Whitetail

Great buck Randy! After all the successful hunts from this fall, I hope your elk tag soup isn't too bitter.

Very nice buck! Randy, always enjoy your hunt stories and pictures. Thanks. Your story within is pretty darn powerful!

Well done randy, i enjoyed reading the hunt and season you have had. Great to see a keen hunter reflecting on the outcome of the hunt and all that was involved. Would be fun hunting those whitetails in that kind of habitat and like you i really enjoy my solo hunts for all that it has to offer.

Very good buck! Congrats! Some year I need to go somewhere to hunt whitetails on my feet vs in a treestand.

Awesome job, Randy. You've certainly had an exceptional hunting year.

Gerald- definitely not bitter over eating the elk tag. I knew it was a tough unit going in and had my chance at a nice bull. When I passed that bull I figured I might've just ate my tag.

Fishing4Sanity and Tony, I'm not the greatest at aging, but this guy is obviously incredibly young to me. The pictures don't show it but he has a tiny body, and the length of his face is about half of the mature bucks we kill in the area. My dad killed a mature buck the week before and putting the heads next to each other makes mine look like a fawn. I'll get pictures of the jaw when I clean it.

I've still got another buck tag and the weather's looking pretty nice this weekend... wonder if the wife won't mind me being gone a couple more days...

Great buck, Randy.

Too bad on not filling the elk tag... but if you enjoyed the hunt that is more rewarding than looking at horns hanging on the wall....

Back