Last minute Kodiak trip.

Okbow87

Well after our caribou hunt fell through, we ended up going over to Kodiak for a week. My buddy that lives in Wasilla has the rg480 2 goat registration tag this year. He has a trip planned in October with some other guys, but figured we would go try to gather one and some blacktail bucks.

Scored some good weather for the first two days and knocked down a couple of animals. Then the weather set in and we spent the rest of the trip in the tent eating mountain house, sipping whiskey, and listening to the weather blow up. I didn't fill any tags, but I'll be going back some time to settle the score. When the weather is nice, that place is a target rich environment.

There was quite a bit of snow on some of the higher peaks already, and there are even some glaciers up there that we flew over. We killed that billy at about 3300ft on a knife ridge, but there was no snow down that low yet. He ended up falling/sliding about 1000ft and that is where the pictures were taken.

Looks like a great trip and those are some great pictures. Good to see another Okie on here.

Hunted Kodiak in November of 2007. The deer hunting was unreal. Headed back for goat in October of 2017 with the Munsey's. Your pics make me want to go now. Congrats to your buddy and good luck next time.

Sorry to hear about your caribou hunt, but the consolation prize looked pretty good. I'm headed to Kodiak in a month and hope to spend more time outside the tent than in.

Very cool... With our down time in AK my wife and I almost caught the ferry to Kodiak and bought some deer tags. I wish we would've.

Back