PEAX Equipment

Last ever hunt

JohnCushman

If you found out for some odd reason (health, sudden loss of income, disability, or whatever) that you could only go on one last hunt for the rest of your life, what would it be?

A big old Alaskan moose with my best friend from Idaho. We've always said if we ever won the lottery we would do it. As a last ever hunt, and with his health issues, it would truly be a hunt of a lifetime to remember forever.

Alaskan coastal brown bear archery hunt.......man do I want to do this in a bad way!

If it was absolutely it, like a one-day-left to live scenario, I'd be shooting some Montana gophers with my dad, brother, and children in the southern Madison Valley.

If it was my last "personal" hunt, I'd be chasing mountain white tails in Northwest Montana.

waterfowl with kids, dogs, cigars and coffee. How much better can life get?

The kids and I in a big ladder stand in the IN hardwoods during gun season with a fresh blanket of snow :)

If it were the last hunt I could ever go on, I would have to say it would be whatever species of critter my children would want to chase in Montana. My kids live in Louisiana with their mother while I reside in Montana. I dont get to see them nearly as often as I would like. We havent yet gotten the opportunity to hunt together due to time constraints, logistics, school, scheduling, and finances.

So, for me it would be anything they wanted to hunt just so long as we were hunting together. Shucks, if it came to my last ever hunt I wouldnt even want a tag, just the opportunity to hunt with my reason for breathing would suffice.

I am not sure what I would hunt, but it would definitely involve my dad since he has taught me everything I know about hunting and the outdoors. It would probably be in the spring turkey woods of old, back before the birds got all call-shy around here. Spring is my favorite time of year, and there is nothing like shooting a turkey of a morning, picking morels on the way out of the woods, and catching some spring bass/crappie in the creek that afternoon.

An Alaskan Dall sheep hunt with my old Wyoming hunting pard .Those white critters have been a dream hunt of mine for some time .

I would gift mine to a terminally ill person that wanted to hunt through a foundation like Make A Wish.

A week long mule deer rut hunt in Montana . With my dad and brothers
Nothing would be better

Wow, never want to be in that position, but Archery elk, with the first hint of fall in the air, the aspens changing, and the first bugle of the year would be hard to beat. Wouldn't even care about the result just being there would be enough, if my sons were along....PRICELESS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back