Last day moose

Sask hunter

A buddy and I went out for the last morning of OTC moose in sask. 20 minutes into shooting light I stumbled into this guy leaving a cut and one shot from the 338 win mag stopped his plans! A person who works for me her bf stumbled upon us shortly after he was down to help with the retrieval. Just like that all 3 of us will have some moose meat in the freezer. Group effort I was just the lucky guy who was in the right place to pull the trigger
66F44789-1169-4F3D-92A2-B823A47C28BC.jpeg
4572A1F8-ECA8-42A8-9995-02A4F375EF33.jpeg
D9971050-9FFF-4FD4-865D-BFFE4CFEA7B5.jpeg

Congratulations. Good eating there.

Just curious … how did you get that big moose into that green "sled"? Just try to move an animal that size is almost impossible.

Congratulations. Good eating there.

Just curious … how did you get that big moose into that green "sled"? Just try to move an animal that size is almost impossible.
Me and the guy who stumbled into us chained his head to the rack of my quad and I drug him about fifty yards through the cut to the old logging road. Then trailer backed up to the moose with my winch around the noose and winched him up the plywood board and in. Usually we have an old hand crank boat winch we use to get them in the tub trailer but we forgot it. That tub trailer is deceiving I have heard storied of them getting a whole cow and calf moose in there. With the cow being bigger bodied then the bull pictured above

Reactions: JMG
Not sure the brand but it’s a nice little tub trailer with big wide tires on it. Works awesome for hauling stuff out
I have a tub trailer to haul behind my wheeler, but I would need to get a beefier axle and wider tires to take it through the muck and the yuck of a moose hunt. I'll add it to my winter project list.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back