Caribou Gear

Last day for AZ Deer, Sheep, & Bison

Do I start building deer points in AZ....
If you want to chase Coues yes, if you’re after mule deer you’ll probably never draw the strip. There are a lot better states to hunt Mule deer

Last edited:
I believe 80% of the tags go into a random draw so even without points there is still a chance at some of the best tags.. That's my understanding anyways.

If you want to chase Coues yes, if you’re after mike deer you’ll probably never draw the strip. There are a lot better states to hunt Mule deer

I do want to hunt mule deer. Not one of the guys who’s just willing to wait my whole life for the strip.

I believe 80% of the tags go into a random draw so even without points there is still a chance at some of the best tags.. That's my understanding anyways.
They go to a bonus point draw, and nonresidents are subject to a 10% cap. Reality is it is far from a sure thing for a nonresident.

And you never know when your gonna get lucky and draw a sheep tag.
This is right.
I started in AZ in 2013 and was thinking about elk and not deer. I'm kicking myself I didn't start building deer points also. I would have 7 now with the loyalty point. Really wish I would have but I didn't. But guess what, I started this year.

This is right.
I started in AZ in 2013 and was thinking about elk and not deer. I'm kicking myself I didn't start building deer points also. I would have 7 now with the loyalty point. Really wish I would have but I didn't. But guess what, I started this year.
I meant to respond to cfrees post with this comment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back