Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Last chance at a bighorn tag

kimbersig

Idaho’s state wide lottery tag is about the last chance to draw a sheep tag this year. And this year the lottery does include unit 11. Get your tickets now! and if any of you hunt talkers are hear Idaho we are doing 3 events to celebrate the drawing of the tag. There will be a membership drive going and some awesome raffles at each event.

Attachments

• 448B1808-3732-4146-AA13-94AEBD0D8C90.jpeg
    448B1808-3732-4146-AA13-94AEBD0D8C90.jpeg
    737.6 KB · Views: 53
  • D183D8AB-2ADD-4A9E-B584-F4A597827B6B.jpeg
    D183D8AB-2ADD-4A9E-B584-F4A597827B6B.jpeg
    499.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 2D980FF2-5430-4E2C-8F4F-D119D4E3DCB6.jpeg
    2D980FF2-5430-4E2C-8F4F-D119D4E3DCB6.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
Feels rigged. There should be a limit on tickets purchased by an individual.
I've always wondered how many tickets Neilson bought to buy his tag.

Feels rigged. There should be a limit on tickets purchased by an individual.
I've always wondered how many tickets Neilson bought to buy his tag.
It’s a fundraiser for wild sheep. Do you really expect to win? I don’t but I bought 1 ticket. It’s like playing the lottery only the money may benefit wildlife.

Ask @SwaggyD about it, pretty sure he got the CO goat tag with one ticket.
To clarify, not refute Swaggy's luck, a person can only buy 25 tickets for each of the statewide tags that RMBS raffles. The Idaho wild sheep raffle tag has no purchase limit. It can effectively be another auction tag if someone wants to pony up $50k in tickets. My issue is that Neilson likely did just that. It devalues everyone else's donation. There should be purchase limits per person on these tags and transparency about the raffles themselves.

Any bighorn sheep tag is a gift! I am definitely supporting wildlife and applying for two remote chances. Thanks for the reminder.

Only 1,543 bighorn sheep Ram tag licenses are issued annually in 15 Western states with huntable populations of deserts and Rockies. [See chart & map on page 5 of Nevada 2022-2023 Big Game Seasons and Applications e/Regulations.]

I don’t know if those statistics include the raffle and auction-type ram tags. Not many ram sheep tags annually to say the least. Best of luck to all, TheGrayRider.

Last edited:
To clarify, not refute Swaggy's luck, a person can only buy 25 tickets for each of the statewide tags that RMBS raffles. The Idaho wild sheep raffle tag has no purchase limit. It can effectively be another auction tag if someone wants to pony up $50k in tickets. My issue is that Neilson likely did just that. It devalues everyone else's donation. There should be purchase limits per person on these tags and transparency about the raffles themselves.
Give me $50k. I bet you $50k I could buy all those tickets and still lose. It’s a raffle after all.

It’s a fundraiser for wild sheep. Do you really expect to win? I don’t but I bought 1 ticket. It’s like playing the lottery only the money may benefit wildlife.
Thanks for that comment. This is a fund raiser for wild sheep not an attempt to give someone the best odds of winning. We have not seen any huge sums of tickets being bought Some bout a couple thousand $ worth but most are common guys buying 1 ticket or a couple hundred bucks worth. Most of our winners have not spent thousands of $ on tickets. It’s still a tag for the common man.

Thanks for that comment. This is a fund raiser for wild sheep not an attempt to give someone the best odds of winning. We have not seen any huge sums of tickets being bought Some bout a couple thousand $ worth but most are common guys buying 1 ticket or a couple hundred bucks worth. Most of our winners have not spent thousands of $ on tickets. It’s still a tag for the common man.
I always but sheep raffle tickets dont care what the odds are anything to help sheep herds im all in

I’ll pile on to encourage participation. I’m also proof this definitely can be worth your hard-earned cash. I learned on Friday that I won the Washington WSF Rocky tag…and did so on only $100 of raffle tickets. It only takes one ticket to win, and you’re certain not to win unless you contribute.

I never imagined I would be sheep hunting this fall — you also can be planning a hunt, starting next week. Don’t miss out. Let’s help the sheep by buying more of these raffle tickets.

I’ll pile on to encourage participation. I’m also proof this definitely can be worth your hard-earned cash. I learned on Friday that I won the Washington WSF Rocky tag…and did so on only $100 of raffle tickets. It only takes one ticket to win, and you’re certain not to win unless you contribute.

I never imagined I would be sheep hunting this fall — you also can be planning a hunt, starting next week. Don’t miss out. Let’s help the sheep by buying more of these raffle tickets.
Congrats on winning! Bailey landrus outfitting should be your first call. You are gonna have a great time in Washington!

Go shoot one on your own, save the money from paying someone to go babysit some sheep for a living

Seems to workout well for Craig and Donna.....😉
I bet ID WSF would be pissed if someone shot a sheep like that in 11. I think it would be pretty funny, bet we wouldn’t see that one alongside every other posse ram in their fundraising ads

I bet ID WSF would be pissed if someone shot a sheep like that in 11. I think it would be pretty funny, bet we wouldn’t see that one alongside every other posse ram in their fundraising ads
Didn't seem to matter here.

A lot of Idaho raffle tags go to guys who buy tons of tickets. Great for game, but many have become effectively auction tags.

The point is a fundraiser, not good odds for randos like me, so it is what it is, but I hate to see what was more of a raffle become an auction.

I do like that we only have two a year for sheep and that the money for each tag is set aside for a specific purpose.

Reactions: Oak
Raffle way better than the auction. Which collects more $?

Without hunters $ we likely wouldn't have huntable populations of sheep in many areas.

Congrats to ID WSF. Sounds like one of the most successful sheep raffles ever, in any state.

The Idaho Statewide Bighorn Sheep Lottery tag total earnings broke two million dollars this year with $2,101,878 raised since 1992.

Records broken
· Tickets sold– over 28,000 (prev record 15,875)
· Gross ticket sales –$335,008 (prev record $212,000)

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back