Las Vegas to Denver Trip (Picture Heavy)

jabber

At the end of May we flew out to Las Vegas spent a few days there and then to the scenic route to Denver and flew back to the heat. No pictures from Vegas, as what happens there, stays there, but after that I got quite a few to share. The first stop was Jacob Lake in the Kaibab. Fresh snow on the ground, did not see any deer, they must have all still been low. From there we headed to Page and the slot canyons. We did the Upper Antelope and the Rattlesnake Canyons. Tons of pictures taken. Here are a few that I though were goodDSC_5054.JPG
DSC_5135.JPGDSC_5148.JPGDSC_5151.JPGDSC_5168.JPGDSC_5171.JPGDSC_5184.JPGDSC_5205.JPGDSC_5261.JPGDSC_5264.JPGDSC_5301.JPGDSC_5309.JPGDSC_5316.JPG

After that we made the trip up to Durango, Ridgway and then back to Cortez doing site seeing. We saw the big rocks that took out part of Highway 145, The ruins are of the McAlester's Store from the True Grit filming. We ate lunch at the True Grit Café. Drove through snow in the end of May and past a frozen lake. Saw a ton of elk and quite a few muleys too.
DSC_5553.JPGDSC_5557.JPGDSC_5692.JPGDSC_5718.JPGDSC_5737.JPGIMG_0136.JPGIMG_0165.JPG

Thanks for sharing the photos! How crowded were the slot canyons? I've always wanted to got there, but I've heard it can be very crowded.

The first one we went to was Rattlesnake Canyon, not crowded at all. From there we went to the Upper Antelope, it was horrible. Only made it about half way through and the guide told our group to come on and we went to another small canyon off to the side that only had one other group in it. The two Antelope canyons get all the traffic. If you do go, look at going to the lesser known canyons, Rattlesnake, Owl and Sheep I think were the three.

The first one we went to was Rattlesnake Canyon, not crowded at all. From there we went to the Upper Antelope, it was horrible. Only made it about half way through and the guide told our group to come on and we went to another small canyon off to the side that only had one other group in it. The two Antelope canyons get all the traffic. If you do go, look at going to the lesser known canyons, Rattlesnake, Owl and Sheep I think were the three.
Thanks. Your photos have me thinking I need to leave the farm a bit more and scratch that exploring itch I got. Beautiful photos!

Fantastic pics! Thanks for sharing. Looks like you both had a great trip. Grats!

Edit: phone auto mis-correct. It changed "had" to "has"... I believe it defaults to most frequently used word when spelling is close. Bah! Haha!

Last edited:
Well this might cost me! I've never seen the Cliff Dwellings or slot canyons. Cliff Dwellings photo's always get me!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back