Lake Amistad Texas

Delw

some buddies and I went to Lake Amistad in texas for some fishing. One of the guys was crossing a cove going about 70 in his boat and almost t-boned a flying turkey.

Amistad is an Awsum lake. had a blast and wish we had more time on it. Some guys are still there.

we left wednesday around 2pm got to the lake at 8am thursday AZ time ( we stopped alot ;) )

fished till 4pm and caught some fish just tourned the lake a tad.

That lake is so calm its unbelievable. running 70+ is cake for miles.

friday, we caught something like 30-40 fish all on water melon red fleck lizzards, the first ones were yamamoto 6" and I ran out we had 4 more packs of zooms, once they were done we didnt ge a bite even with brush hogs the same color. So my partner grabbed a chewed up lizzard he was hiding and fanagled it on and started catching fish lots of them.

we managed a 6.4, 5.7 and 4.7 something like that in about 2 hours for the big fish with a bunch of 3's and 2's thrown in
was windy( lake was still calm).
Friday night we heard that there was going to be 40-60mph winds and heavy rain.

Sat,
we awoked to some rain so went back to bed and it turned to a drizzle with no wind.
drove to a different ramp so we didnt get too wet and fished, some on blades and all the rest on water melon red 6" lizzards, no big ones all about 2-2.5 lbs. but we caught over 30 in a few hours. a few times it was every cast and we had a fish.

We fished till around 1pm and headed back to AZ.

those fish in Texas are really colorful and fight like no other bass I have ever caught. Actually it was fun to catch fish again.

I will be headed back soon I am sure.

heres a 6.4 I caught
IMG_1162a.jpg

the 5.7 I caught
IMG_1164a.jpg

my fishing partners 4.7
IMG_1166a.jpg

heres My fishing partner his son and I with a few we saved for a pic, I think we caught these in 20-30 mins.

IMG_1186a.jpg

Just roosevelt has turned on for bass. Barlett has been so so and so has pleasant.

I am going back just don't know when yet. I should be flying to austin in the next month or 2 to fish with some guys from texas. I just hate flying

Wow, you did great! The lake is pretty high right now. I drive by there, but I need to fish there, wow! Way to go Del and friends!

Heres some pics from a couple of friend that were there with us.

Attachments

• 17036157.jpg
    17036157.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 85837329.jpg
    85837329.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    334.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 30423995.jpg
    30423995.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 90
  • DSCF0007.JPG
    DSCF0007.JPG
    329.3 KB · Views: 87
The guy in the blue shirt has a pair of 7-8 lbers those were the biggest caught on the trip, the others in the pics were 5lbers and below.

Sure wish I could figure out why I cant get my camera to take nice pics like that.

Looks like you had some good times there fisherwoosie... :p

Glad you finally got some time to get back out on the water and slay some good fish...

Great pics... :)

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back