MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Labrador to Chair Natural Resources Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations

JoseCuervo

Labrador just announced he will be the primary person to yell and scream at BLM, FS, USFW employees who aren't sufficiently loyal to the Utah Agenda to sell My Public Lands.

Tuesday | Jan. 31, 2017
LABRADOR TO CHAIR KEY NATURAL RESOURCES SUBCOMMITTEE ON OVERSIGHT AND INVESTIGATIONS

Will use chairmanship to help rural Idaho and natural resources economy

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Rep. Raúl Labrador, R-Idaho, will chair the Natural Resources Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations in the 115th Congress. The panel has jurisdiction over agencies critical to the West.

The new assignment was announced Tuesday by Natural Resources Committee Chairman Rob Bishop, R-Utah.

“As a westerner, Congressman Labrador understands the importance of natural resource issues to our states, communities and economy,” Bishop said. “I can count on him to shine a bright light on a broad range of federal actions. The Subcommittee’s work will help the full Committee ensure the executive branch is properly implementing the laws of the United States and doing so fairly and efficiently, and helping to uncover waste, fraud and abuse of taxpayer funds.”

“I am honored to lead this Subcommittee and help hold federal agencies accountable,” said Labrador. “Idaho and the West have suffered under misguided and overreaching policies that hurt rural communities and our natural resource economy. I look forward to providing common-sense Idaho leadership, improving policy implementation and making sure our tax dollars are spent appropriately and wisely.”

The Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations has primary and general oversight and investigative authority on all activities, policies and programs within the jurisdiction of the full Committee. These include public lands, irrigation and reclamation, relations with Native American tribes, national parks and national cemeteries, mining, fisheries, wildlife, coastal management, petroleum conservation and more.

The Subcommittee oversees the Department of Interior, which includes the Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, National Park Service and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. It shares jurisdiction over the U.S. Forest Service with the House Agriculture Committee.

Labrador also serves on the Resource Committee’s Subcommittee on Federal Lands.

As a member of the Judiciary Committee, Labrador is vice chairman of the Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security and a member of the Subcommittee on Courts, Intellectual Property, and the Internet.

Wonder how many of his comrades might be willing to step up and "come over to our side" on the public lands issue.
Actually, this gives our friend Zinke, an even greater opportunity to step outside his party.
There.....optimism

Last edited:
What I'm wondering is how did Bishop get to be Natural Resource Chair and how do we get rid of him? It seems that a whole lot of bad ideas start with him. Is there a way to get him out of this position?? I'm a newbie when it comes to politics and am still learning.

Oh goody. There is a reason he didn't win the election in Idaho. Guess you just have to have friends in the right places.

Well I was all jacked up for a day after traveling from Laurel to Helena for the rally seeing all the fellow public land advocates and getting fired up listening to Governor Bullock energize the crowd, hell even stopped in Bozeman at MT Ale Works and had a bison burger on my way home, (it was a good day). Now it's back to reality and I'm pissed off again, for good reason.

Well I was all jacked up for a day after traveling from Laurel to Helena for the rally seeing all the fellow public land advocates and getting fired up listening to Governor Bullock energize the crowd, hell even stopped in Bozeman at MT Ale Works and had a bison burger on my way home, (it was a good day). Now it's back to reality and I'm pissed off again, for good reason.

You sound like somebody I knew about 10 years ago.
That person isn't pissed as often or as intensely as he was 10 years ago.
Still in the fight, still usually irritated in general, (but with some cold resignation) enjoys a little deeper what's left because it's the smart thing to do.
I'd be pissed off too if I realized I spent a buck more at a yuppie Bozo eatery/microbrew for a farm raised buffalo burger than a regular old beef burger:rolleyes:........
Thanks for showing up yesterday.

What I'm wondering is how did Bishop get to be Natural Resource Chair and how do we get rid of him? It seems that a whole lot of bad ideas start with him. Is there a way to get him out of this position?? I'm a newbie when it comes to politics and am still learning.

Convince people in Utah to vote for someone besides who the church tells them to?

As for the Labrador thing, ugh!!

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back