Kuiu vs horn hunter

Pa Bowhunter

Anyone have any say between a kuiu ultra 6000 or a horn hunter full curl system.

Pro and con on both or any info on y u like one better then the other for a colorado archery elk hunt

Between those, Kuiu hands down, the horn hunter weighs 2.5x as much. With so many good packs on the market right now there is no reason to even look at something over 6lbs.

Between those, Kuiu hands down, the horn hunter weighs 2.5x as much. With so many good packs on the market right now there is no reason to even look at something over 6lbs.

Thanks I will keep that in mind I'm brand new to backpack hunting

Not sure on a price range really I dont want to break the bank but at the same time dont want to get junk n regret it

As far backpack hunting I'm doin my first backpack hunt in 2020 I am hoping its going to be an every year thing and possibly a little use of it in pa even if it's just to take my kids out camping close to home or just staying the weekend in the woods i deer hunt just to get more use and experience with the gear

As far as packs ther are a ton of decent options, you definitely get what you pay for, Kifaru and Stone Glacier would be my top picks then exo and mystery ranch, third tier being Kuiu and Seak. You can also get away with backpacking company packs, but you have to put meat in the pack and they kinda suck really loaded down. I would be honest with yourself with whether you are a buy once person or a gear head. I personally have put 4 seasons into my SG and don’t plan on buying a pack for at least 5 more. I also have driven the same car for 14 years. If you are like me the high end pack is cost effective but if you like getting new stuff every couple of years I might think about a decent back packing pack $300ish and then see how the hunt goes and how you like that style of hunting and then consider buying a different pack after that.

I love my kuiu, ive pushed it to the max. Ive packed out countless loads and find it to be my most comfy pack. In 2017 i packed out a 152 lbs. brown bear cape/skull. The next hunt was in NM late season elk and the belt buckle snapped due to what i think was a streas crack. No prob, Shaun at kuiu sent me out 2 new buckle assemblies at no charge!!!!

I have a icon pro 3200, great pack. If you use Facebook there's a KUIU for sale/ trade group some good deals there. Know your size you need.

Last edited:
I like the horn hunter but as jerm8352 pointed out, it is heavy. I dont have buyers remorse as it is comfortable and actually fits my body well.

I have the Horn Hunter Mainbeam XL. It's a good pack for the price, but there is definitely better packs out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back