KUIU Gear

F

fwagner

I want to try KUIU brand clothing this year, been a big first lite guy for awhile but the pants don't hold up well in brush so Im looking to try something new. I'm a first time buyer and they have a promotion where if a friend is also a first time buyer they get 20% off their first order and I would in turn get $25 dollars off mine. If anyone is also looking to get some KUIU (and is a first time buyer) send me a private message and give me your email address (this isn't spam and I don't work for KUIU) and I am assuming when I put it in they will email you a code....All my friends are whitetail hunters who get their clothes at wal-mart :) It's a win win!!! Thanks.

I ordered some stuff from them and sent it back to get Sitka pants. It's heavy feeling and that's there "lightweight" model. Plus the more I read about Jason Hairston I decided I wasn't much a fan.

I have Kuiu, First Lite, and Sitka and they're all great. If I had to chose one brand to commit to based on performance, it would be kuiu. First Lite is leading the public land fight which is why I try and support them but measured in performance-only, Kuiu is the clear winner IMHO.

I ordered some stuff from them and sent it back to get Sitka pants. It's heavy feeling and that's there "lightweight" model. Plus the more I read about Jason Hairston I decided I wasn't much a fan.

What about him turned you away?

Why pay for over priced camo clothing?

Just research and build your system around merino layers, a good mid weight that's wind proof an outer shell that's water proof and a down jacket for the cold days to go under that outer shell.

Pants are very hard to get right, but hiking brands often have gear developed over much testing as opposed to fancy camo companies with great marketing.

I don't wear any camo nowadays and buying smart I can always get into gear that is a lot less then outlaying for the premium brands offered to hunters.

Why pay for over priced camo clothing?

Pants are very hard to get right, but hiking brands often have gear developed over much testing as opposed to fancy camo companies with great marketing.

KUIU actually went to tactical companies like North Face... took their design with the 4 and 6 way stretch, being lightweight and durable, and modified it with camo. Over the past 9 months I have bought a lot of KUIU gear. I'm impressed by all of it. But, for the last 15 years I had been using Cabelas mesh during archery and heavy wool pants and an awful Under Armour jacket during late season. The upgrade was needed. It's also nice to be hiking in -20 degree and the pants feel like sweatpants with zero bind on the hips or anywhere.

I love my Kuiu guide pants and have since bought a couple other pieces as well as a pack. I like it all. I really don't give two shakes about Jason Hairston. Am I lining his pockets, maybe a little. I buy good gear. He supports hunting. Thats where it ends with me.

Kuiu has the same philosophy as Sitka in the idea of taking technical clothing and making it in camo for hunters. It works and thats why I buy it.

Kuiu doesn't have any retail stores, correct? I think that I would want to try the stuff on and see how it feels and fits before I buy it. Is there any where to do that?

Kuiu doesn't have any retail stores, correct? I think that I would want to try the stuff on and see how it feels and fits before I buy it. Is there any where to do that?

Nope...That's how they keep prices low. I LOVE the direct to consumer model for everything. Cabelas, Bass Pro, are horrible!

As a follow up to my prior post, I took advantage of First Lite's 50% off Realtree sale to get some stuff in Max-1 and when it showed up I was glad I had sent back the KUIU stuff and ended up taking the Sitka Pants back to Bass Pro. I am very happy about this First Lite stuff and just find the KUIU stuff to be heavy. Additionally, KUIU is out of stock in stuff in my sizes at the moment and when i called customer service asking about when they would be available as my season starts in 3 weeks (at that time) and they just said "we have no idea but hopefully in time for your hunt"....wasnt going to bank on that response.

I will say, they were great with the returns and processed it pretty quickly. As a CA native I was trying my best to give them my business but it just isnt for me.

These First Lite Corrugate Guide pants are the best pant ive ever put on and will a baselayer under them can keep me good in the colder stuff too. Very broad spectrum of use

My pair of Kuiu Attack pants came in the mail yesterday, I think these are going to get used a LOT! As for weight/material, they seem to fall between my Sitka Ascents and Timberlines.

I love my corrugates. I will second earlier comments about hiking companies. I have several pairs of Prana Zions, and Kuhl Renegades that I love wearing while hunting. I prefer the corrugates because they are tighter down around the boots but I can usually find 2-3 pairs of the Kuhl/Prana for every pair of First Lite Corrugates.

The have a store in California and one in Spain I think. Kuiu fits like Sitka, if you use tailored measurements from a suit it will get you close. If you use Bass Pro brand or Drake vanity sizing its gonna be off by quite a bit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back