Killing Cows,,,

Hunterman

,,,What do y'all think of ferral(sp?) cattle??Quick Draw is going to check with Range Control at Ft.Lewis to see if what I heard was true...That the fort has some in one of the trainning areas and wants to get rid of themhump

I know that the fort used to have some open range areas that some farmers could run thier cattle out there, but that ended years ago...

Anyway,, if this is true, well I know the area they are in very well,,and I could use some beef in my freezer...

Hunterman(Tony)

Back in the Fifties my Father was in the Air Force stationed at Witchita Falls, Texas and he told us about a Rancher who charged $? to hunt on his land. The deal was either shoot a Deer or a Wild ass cow! Tom, Did you ever know about this? John

WH,,I don't have a 257 Weatherby:confused:(Becky said I have enough guns) but do have a 240 Weatherby, that gave that doe last year a blew eye:D I think I'll use my 30-06 to spray gray matter with hump

Hunterman(Tony)

Be sure they aren't like the "range cattle" along the border in southwest Texas. Some of those critters are dangerous.

:cool:

There seems to be a lot of feral cattle on Forest Service and BLM lands around here. If you can't get access to the Military base, I can give you some directions to where the cattle are on Forest Service and BLM lands. Shoot as many as you like.

JoseCuervo said:
There seems to be a lot of feral cattle on Forest Service and BLM lands around here. If you can't get access to the Military base, I can give you some directions to where the cattle are on Forest Service and BLM lands. Shoot as many as you like.

...now that's funny. lmao

Well Quick Draw talked to range control, and was told that the information was not correct...:( At this time we cannot shoot the cattle on the Fort..But we still need to contact range control if we see any (Looks like ol' Bessie is safe for now) Oh well,, there's always the ferrel pigs to baithump

Hunterman(Tony)

JoseCuervo said:

Hell, I can't seem to keep most out of tresspass, I think this is a good way to allow the public to monitor their public land. I have a feeling the permittees would track their livestock a little closer as well.:D

Why don't you go to the local fair and buy a steer from some kid? It'd be a lot less work, cost about the same and not nearly as humilating as having a rouge holstein in the back of your truck.

Either way, save the intestines so Jose can whip up some chitlins and menudo...........yum, yum.

AZ402,,Why would you say its humilitating to come out of the woods with a ferril cow??? Would you say the samething about hog hunters???Probly 80% the hogs that are hunted were once pinned up...

Hunterman(Tony)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back