KHunter whitetail hunt

Khunter

On the road to meet up with ABQBW bowhunt whitetail.
Treestands, something pretty foreign to me, should be a primary approach.

If I don’t fall out of the tree I’ll try to post some updates and hopefully some nice pictures.

This sort of hunting and hanging and sitting tree stands is all new to us so expect to be schooled by my mistakes, repeatedly. Bringing a gallon of scent killer—something I never use for any of my other hunts—is probably not gonna be enough to make up for inexperience.

Being a flatland hunt and sitting in trees in ambush I am fattening up on Donettes
EBF3670D-FE0D-4115-819A-8AFDFA36C5C7.jpeg

Last edited:
Youll be fine, first thing i learned the hard way was figuring out what angles i could actually draw and have room for, the other was making mental markers and getting ranges ahead of time so that when the moment came, i wasnt fumbling with a range and knew the distance based on the markers i preranged ahead of time. Dont worry about the scent killer, just know your wind and if theyre already within 50yds, they dont know youre there. If youre sitting, stand up as soon as you see movement, do want to make a mistake noise while getting up.

The grocery store was out of Hostess Donettes last week when we were out hunting in Montana. I found that Krispy Kreme makes a fine alternative that looks identical to the Donettes, but with a bit more of a vanilla flavor. Either is great hunting food.

Good luck.

Is this gonna be one of those threads where the details are meted out in Jacy Farrow winks?

...subscribed ;)

The grocery store was out of Hostess Donettes last week when we were out hunting in Montana. I found that Krispy Kreme makes a fine alternative that looks identical to the Donettes, but with a bit more of a vanilla flavor. Either is great hunting food.

Good luck.
You haven’t lived until you’ve had Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts hot off the production line. Literally melts in your mouth!

A healthy new challenge for sure. Learned a ton and froze our butts off. heavy winds and rain. temps 23-50.

hanging stands is a lot of work. LOL.

we set up 3 stands plus sat in a perfect Cedar tree as a 4th.

Only buck seen from a stand went by in range too fast to arrow.

Here she is. my first Treestand dear.

Quartering away shot at 26 yds. Picture shows the entry side the arrow exited well forward of that but different than expected stayed high so overall it was a high lung hit and it went about 160 yards.

tracking got hard with just tiny droplets at 100 yds out so jumped ahead 50 yds to where I thouhht she was headed and there she was. I don’t know that much about this but I’m assuming with all high lung it took a ways is for the lungs to fill up because the last 10 yards it just absolutely gushed blood and then fell over.

BIG thanks to
a buddy who shared his experience and know how and spots for the area. We had a huge leg up and owe him. all of this happened in no tellem river drainage in no tellem county in no tellem state.

71C1899C-ED0D-4CC0-891F-FCC4EE997D1A.jpeg99CDBA4E-D1AF-4938-AAD1-5915E71EDF83.jpeg

Last edited:
You bought a new Beanie with your original just sitting in my shop.

looks like a lock on- at least you had a good stand choice

no I am a 2 beanie household

I guess they don’t make those stands anymore. I borrowed it from Davis sure is light and easy to use

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back