KHunter Colo last minute opportunity hunt

And to top it off (P I), you are wearing my lucky orange hat. "Established 1958" (as was I), probably from the original GJ store. It obviously worked well for you. Congratulations, well deserved tag team bull (y)

Tasty First meal of the backstrap with neighbors. Wife is the photographer.
Sous vide a few hours at 128 degrees then a very quick trip to super hot grill to char and caramelize a bit. Rare to med rare edge to edge. perfection. I never cut straps into steaks before cooking. Cut just before serving.

6ABB2D2A-FF95-48DB-A2D0-F8D3885273A5.jpeg

This morning hope to tag a couple WY doe antelope while Buschy and MuleDeerJunkie seek big muleys in same area. Weather is going to really suck starting late this afternoon so at least for my tags I hope to get R done!

Got to this camp at 10 pm and they had the wall tent set and a fire going. Easy Livin’ with good friends. Brought some of brothers desert sheep steaks for tonight.

Last edited:
Great story, great pics and epic conclusion however with the way your adventure transpired, I bet the packer had a pillow - had you asked.

Great story, great pics and epic conclusion however with the way your adventure transpired, I bet the packer had a pillow - had you asked.

haha. no doubt. it has been that good

Buschy sets a nice deer/antelope camp.

4107E8DC-45F1-4B93-8200-EDD973CC6EE9.jpeg0947D1F1-92B3-439A-BA1A-1206CCE37CCD.jpeg

a balmy 32 degrees at 25 mph wind for this doe. 4 inches if snow and 15 degrees this morning.

7BA1C04C-5E67-4F92-881D-368807EE73FE.jpeg

Tasty First meal of the backstrap with neighbors. Wife is the photographer.
Sous vide a few hours at 128 degrees then a very quick trip to super hot grill to char and caramelize a bit. Rare to med rare edge to edge. perfection. I never cut straps into steaks before cooking. Cut just before serving.
Great story and congratulations on a beautiful bull!
I agree about not cutting back straps before cooking. Wish I had learned that years before I did...
Nothing like a comfortable camp...bet those lope backstraps didn’t last long..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back