Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Just Complaining

Took a float tube to a lake to escape the heat. Wasn't even refreshing. Burned my hand on the door handle when I got home. And there's mosquitos everywhere.

It’s time for Stone Glacier and Yeti to team up on an insulated pack to keep your beer cold. I’ll volunteer to test one.
They gotta pack its just not up to ultra light standards..... plus we saw. Yeti is full of shit when it comes to ice. Unless you got the dry ice

Pretty much why I have zero interest in going to Oklahoma 😁
I pretty much had no interest in Oklahoma either, but even less interest in a divorce! LOL!

My neighbor and deer hunting buddy in Texas asked me, "Where are you going to hunt?"
Honestly, at that point in time, I had NO idea! 😳!
Since moving to Oklahoma in 2002, I have killed more deer, bigger deer* and better racks than I ever did in 52 years of hunting in Texas! 😀!

*out checking a fence corner for repairs, I took my .22 Hornet along.
I'm studying the post, a buck steps out about 20 yards away and stares at a doe out in a wheat field.
Deer season was on, I hadn't taken a buck and this was a Jim Dandy! Not antler wise, but he was HUGE for this area!
The Hornet was within reach and the fence provided a solid rest and the buck was apparently enthralled by the doe.
I slipped a handloaded, 45 grain Sierra SPBT behind his ear!
Dude field dressed 156 pounds at check in!
20210228_145144.jpg
This isn't the "Fence Corner" buck.
This isn't a Booner, but still a pretty darn nice deer. (about 125 points +/-)
I shot this deer on a cold, frosty morning sitting in a box blind, on a bluff overlooking the Red River. Resized952020112695073845(1).jpg
A buddy of mine took this buck just outside the city limits! LOL!100_0854.JPG
...and another endeavor I never had a chance to pursue in Texas where I grew up. Turkeys are now a passion.

Yep! Oklahoma has a lot to offer!

Hahaha...now the truth.
Had me twitching momentarily.
Pretty much determined most Tundra owners are bold faced liars.
.....or drunk (JLS).
Not sure how I got drug into this, but speaking of Tundra fuel economy (see oxymoron), my oldest daughter borrowed said Tundra when she sold her old car and was shopping for a new one. After about five days, she had lost ANY desire to buy a 4Runner or Tacoma.

Reactions: Hem
I knew something was gonna go bad when we arrived in kalispell and our rental car had Utah plates. :cautious:;)
Several years ago I had to make an appearance in Regina for court hearing re my late wife's estate. I was baffled by all the Montana #7 Flathead County plates running around the airport. The rental company for whatever reason licensed all their vehicles down there. Doesn't make much sense to me since Montana considers vehicles property and whacks them with taxes pretty hard (gotta raise revenue some way since no sales tax in Montana ... which may explain buying the fleet there?).

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back