Caribou Gear

just another day, EXCEPT THAT IT WASN’T !!!!!!!!

Thank you for sharing your encounter with us. I reminds me of two of my uncles, both of which passed in the last couple years. Soon there will be none left. One of my uncles was in the thick of things at the Battle of Leyte Gulf which was an epic naval battle.

WOW! That’s amazing. Thanks for sharing. My Dad served in WWII on a ship in the North Sea. He told some fascinating stories.

Warms the heart to see one of the few left who helped save us all.

My grandfather served in one of the medical units. I never got to meet him (he died of a heart attack when my mother was 12, leaving behind her and 9 siblings) but he brought back a Luger as well as photos of the concentration camps as they were liberated and treated. Absolutely horrific what they and the POWs went through.

Very cool, thanks for sharing.
The old guy I used to run rabbit hounds with was a WW2 vet, spend 8 months in Germany as a POW and said he was 85lbs when the Allies freed them, he's been gone about 10 years.
Cut my teeth working in my early years around a whole bunch of WW2 and Korean vets. Something about being in those wars gave those gentlemen character you don't see as much of today.

They were the greatest generation for a reason. I have a lot of appreciation for any and all veterans. I was fortunate enough in middle school to have a class that brought in holocaust and POW survivors of WW2. Listening to them talk about there experience and hardships just make you want to be a better man.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back