Jumped on the 6.5 Creedmoor Wagon

Congrats! Always good to get a new rifle no matter the caliber. In my limited experience, the 6.5 is 2/2 in killing deer.

Recently got a X Bolt in 6.5 Creedmoor (Manbun), mainly because it was the only caliber that I could find in the Browning X Bolt Maple Medallion. Unfortunately, haven't had a chance to sight that gun in yet...Winter came in strong! Looking forward to sighting in and hunting with it this year.

Whelp, just ordered a Howa Hogue 1500 (just want to be like Randy when I grow up) in none other than 6.5 Creedmoor. Can’t wait for it to get here. Putting a V***** scope on it I won in a raffle. Will post up pics when it’s built out
Even Randy's kids shoot 7mm-08, or 308.
If you wanna be like Randy, ya gotta step up your game!!

Even Randy's kids shoot 7mm-08, or 308.
If you wanna be like Randy, ya gotta step up your game!!
True! To get it in .308 I was being quoted 2-3 month lead times. Even the 6.5 had to be ordered from another store location. Can’t find 7mm ammo anywhere here so that was a no.

True! To get it in .308 I was being quoted 2-3 month lead times. Even the 6.5 had to be ordered from another store location. Can’t find 7mm ammo anywhere here so that was a no.
You people REALLY need to start handloading!!!

I'm "down" to about 1,900 large rifle primers, 800 magnum primers. (we won't discuss the small rifle & pistol primers ;) ).
Enough hunting bullets that if i stopped buying today, my great grand children could still hunt.

If i want ammo to go hunt, i go downstairs & pull it off the shelf. If i'm running low on a certain something, about an hour usually takes care of that.

I don't ever worry about being able to find ammo at Bob's Gas & Go in BF Where ever.

You people REALLY need to start handloading!!!

I'm "down" to about 1,900 large rifle primers, 800 magnum primers. (we won't discuss the small rifle & pistol primers ;) ).
Enough hunting bullets that if i stopped buying today, my great grand children could still hunt.

If i want ammo to go hunt, i go downstairs & pull it off the shelf. If i'm running low on a certain something, about an hour usually takes care of that.

I don't ever worry about being able to find ammo at Bob's Gas & Go in BF Where ever.
A valid point, but what is the total investment to be able to hand load? Then you have store the equipment. There’s a cost to convenience, both opportunity and monetary.

I don't save any money reloading, sure the cost per round went down, but rounds down-range went way up. Trigger therapy is very beneficial too, so I plan on being a lifer when it comes to reloading. As @std7mag stated, it is nice to be able to load your own ammo and for me it adds a little extra satisfaction to shooting with MY own rounds. I'm sure you'll enjoy that new rifle.

Love mine (Savage 110), factory ammo is easy to get and shoots it into a nickle. Bought on sale for less than $400. Partner used his to take his Antelope at 370.

I don't save any money reloading, sure the cost per round went down, but rounds down-range went way up. Trigger therapy is very beneficial too, so I plan on being a lifer when it comes to reloading. As @std7mag stated, it is nice to be able to load your own ammo and for me it adds a little extra satisfaction to shooting with MY own rounds. I'm sure you'll enjoy that new rifle.
Same here. The ability to go out and crank out 50 rounds in my shop was what I needed to start shooting more. I try to shoot 300-500 rounds a year these days, and there is no way I would do that if I was shooting factory ammo.

UPDATE: The gun they were transferring from another store (only HOWA Hogue 1500 in the chain not in heavy barrel) was already reserved by a local customer unbeknownst to both employees who helped me.

We are back to zero so going to another local chain store today to see what they have available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back