Caribou Gear Tarp

Joined the RMEF last week

Firehawk54

I have been considering joining the RMEF for a while now and last week finally made up my mind. I was in Sportsmans Warehouse with my 14 year old son doing some last minute Christmas shopping and met Kevin the volunteer lead for the Utah chapter of RMEF. Being the day after the terrible wildlife board meeting where the UDWR decided to still use SFW proposals, I was a little hot. I commiserated for a minute with him and decided it was definitely time to put my money where my mouth was.

After filling out my enrollment paperwork etc., he proceeded to give me my knife set that came with the enrollment. But prior to this, he ran out to his truck to "get something" for me. Upon returning to the store he said with a smile to my son, "here is your very own knife from the RMEF. Be careful it is really sharp." My son lit up and told him of how he killed his first game animal this past fall, a cow elk. Kevin took time to talk with my boy and he loved it. I was really pleased at how much my son responded to him. My son has a tendency to be quiet and he didn't stop talking the whole trip back home.

Thank you to Kevin and I look forward to participating with a group who stands for something. I may not have done this if I hadn't just listened to Randy's podcast with the founders of the RMEF. Thank you!

The RMEF, is by far the best conservation organization I belong to! Welcome. Now sign your son up!

RMEF is a good as it gets for a large conservation organization. Sure, it supports elk habitat and herd growth yet so many positive things also happen for other critters, water quality, etc. that is an easy decision to join even if were only going to join one hunting organization.

Life Member and former Southern Idaho Volunteer Chairman.....RMEF isn't perfect, but I would put their record up against any other conservation organization. Current leadership and direction is on point. Right now, RMEF and Backcountry Hunters and Anglers is where my money goes.

Thanks for taking that step. Hit a banquet or two, when my kids were young, they loved them.

They do great work. my brother has been a member for years, I finally got around to joining 2 years ago. Don't know if it was coincidence or not, but once I had my RMEF membership, I have killed an elk each year. Great people to work with, and the results that they have are amazing as far as conservation.

Consider the history of the dedication and record of accomplishment toward the RMEF mission and you will be impressed. RMEF's commitment to maximizing member and volunteer contributions toward fulfillment of mission is unparalleled. RMEF has earned the number one spot for best investment of hunters' and wildlife advocates' contributions. Thank-you for joining in, Firehawk54, you will be proud that you did.

Great post - bump = need to get memberships for the boy and myself. Good nudge!!!!

The knives and axes and gift sets have become great re-gifting pieces to friends & encourages them to do the same?!

To more successes in the New Year RMEF!

The RMEF has done some good stuff. I join every time they offer me another knife or something. I dropped out for years, due to their lack of response to my letters and concerns over some stuff that was going on in NM when I lived there. They did not even have the decency to respond to my letters.

I don't think the little guy means too much to them from what I have seen (except maybe to get their volunteers). Just my opinion, so flame on.

Little guys dont get much love, I agree but its as good as voting! And we get our 'free' stuff too man, think of it that way :)

I have been a member on and off.

I, too, had problems with how RMEF managed some New Mexico ranches, Big contributors get to hunt and closed to the peons.

I do understand.

The RMEF is the best conservation organization. Gotta take the good with the bad. Not perfect.

I join to support them, if they send free stuff that's fine but the work they do and what they've accomplished is worth much more to me than a free knife. There's not an organization you're going to agree with on 100% of what they do, but if you agree with the majority of what they do and contact them when you don't agree with them, IMO they are well worth supporting. Disagreements on small issues shouldn't be a decision to hurt the bigger picture. I've got responses when I've emailed RMEF every time, which has surprised me because an organization as late as them it would be difficult to address every email or letter. Great organization and one of the best choices out there of any nonprofit.

I've been a little guy member off & on for years.
Bugle is one of the best outdoors mags there is. The best on elk,IMHO.
I also have had some differences with what gets done or not done,but all and all I am proud to be a member.
And I have one of the few local trucks in Catron County,NM with RMEF & "Hunting is Conservation" stickers on it....and most everyone here is involved with hunting in some way.

Back