PEAX Equipment

Jeepin' with my son today

Guy

My oldest son picked me up in his 1998 Cherokee this afternoon, and took me for a ride in the local hills. We ended up in SNOW, at around the 5,500 - 6,000' level, thousands of feet up above town. Was about 25 degrees cooler up there with a nice breeze. I'd hoped to get some elk photos, but all we saw were some mule deer bucks. I've hunted deer, elk and bear up here. Nice country.

His beast is very well built for our off-pavement conditions. Air powered Ox Lockers front and rear, 4.56 gearing, the good ol' 4.0 liter inline six. About 5" of very cushy, long-arm suspension, 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson tires & more. What a great rig! Yes, he also has a normal car:
jUs47Lll.jpg

He's just a petite little fellow, almost wasting away. :) Normally when he latches onto something, it moves. Dang. I have to admit, he's stronger than me now. And a real nice fellow. BTW, we were both packing modern guns today, 9mm's, with rather a lot of ammo in the Jeep. Didn't fire a shot, but were prepared to do so.
PdynQ9Ml.jpg

End of the road for us. These old snow drifts sometimes hang on until August, then it often starts snowing again up there in October...
4YRZL1wl.jpg

4M51R4Hl.jpg

Found some mule deer bucks:
8Rihce7l.jpg

UDmTWQ3l.jpg

Looked out across some vast distances:
aAK2mF6l.jpg

He has a tradition of doing something for a few hours or a day with me on Father's Day weekend. We've had some memorable motorcycle trips, Jeep trips, etc... It's nice.

Regards, Guy

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back