PEAX Equipment

Jeep as a hunting/fishing/camping rig

It did seem odd to take a week out of September, and not be hunting or fishing!

But it was a good trip, with good guys.

My last three hunting rigs have been Big Blue (91 F350), Da Bomb (95 YJ) and now Doug (92 Dodge W150). I did love the maneuverability of the YJ but I simply LOVE having an 8 foot bed with a cap on it. I can carry everything I need with lots of room to spare. While there are some places it can't go that the YJ could fit I HATE towing trailer in general ....let alone off piste. Throw in that Doug, full size with a V8, gets BETTER mpg than the YJ with a dang 4 cylinder.....and I can sleep very comfy in the bed if need be. Have to admit that Rubi capabilities are awesome :)

You can get a good deal on a Jeep right now.

Jeep has pretty consistently had reliability issues as of late, there is a reason why Jeep has dynamite incentives right now and people are deciding to go a different route.

I think it would be better to go with a different brand. A toyota tacoma, nissan frontier (about the only quality thing that Nissan makes), Ford Ranger, etc.

I looked into getting a Jeep Renegade, but the reliability made me look in another direction.

There are a lot of hunting and fishing areas where you could get by with a cross over with higher ground clearance and getting 25+ mpg could make it a bargain.

If Jeep were more reliable, the two door would be a lot better than buying a 30k side by side.

It is really unfortunate, because Jeeps look great, have the capability of being great, and really can fit a need.

This is my Jeep Patriot with the FD-II 4x4 package. It’s Trail Rated but has more storage space and gets better gas mileage than the Wrangler. It makes a great hunting rig, but unfortunately Jeep stopped making the Patriot in 2017 and didn’t replace it with anything as good.

IMG_1012.jpeg

I have a 2015 Rubicon w/ 3.5” lift on 35s. Has taken us everywhere we’ve wanted to go so far.

Before I got it I was debating a side by side, but I’m glad I went Jeep route. No need of a trailer and enclosed cab with heat and A/C is sweet.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back