Caribou Gear Tarp

J0hn Day River - Thirtymile to Cottonwood

Irrelevant

Pulled a permit for this Memorial day. Pretty excited, this will be the first river trip for the kids. We'll paddle our 17' canoe, and probably "tow" a small sit-on-top too. We'll off load our gear into one of the two rafts going along.

If anyone as any sweet intel on things to see, I'd appreciate a PM. It's only 44 miles and we have 4-5 days planned so there should be tons of time to explore.

Pulled a permit for this Memorial day. Pretty excited, this will be the first river trip for the kids. We'll paddle our 17' canoe, and probably "tow" a small sit-on-top too. We'll off load our gear into one of the two rafts going along.

If anyone as any sweet intel on things to see, I'd appreciate a PM. It's only 44 miles and we have 4-5 days planned so there should be tons of time to explore.
Keep an eye on the flows. With the snow pack and heat it could be flowing pretty good

3f2.jpeg

An ultralight spinning rod and a few packs of curlytail grubs would be enough to entertain me for a few days.

Only fly you’ll need:

Yellow body. White tail and legs.

Enjoy the journey.

Took this trip during deer season in a canoe solo one year. Shot a buck, caught lots of bass to eat, shot some Chukar and saw over 100 sheep. I was hunting and went the last 5 days of season. 5 days was barely enough but water was low and I spent a lot of time on the hills
PM me if you have questions. You'll have a blast

@Salmonchaser @gonhunting247 @PNWGator @Hem @rtraverdavis

We're probably going to be floating during a minor flood stage, ~10k vs the more typical 2-4k. Water is going to be chocolate milk and cold as ice. Does that change the recommended tactics or lures?
Naturally it would affect things...
But you gotta try.
High visibility lures or bait.
Probably wouldn't bother with flies if zero vis.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back