It's opening morning, you've hunted....

Well this happens almost every year to us, and I think I speak for my dad and my uncle too. The thought that goes through my mind is "Those phuckers from Merced got there before us again!!!" :D :D Another one is "Hopefully if they killed one it's not the big one we saw."

Lostagain, yeah a guy i work with has seen
"1" antelope running around up on south hills. I also heard a rumor about a few of them down by stevi/burnt fork.

My neighboor was hunting the Maclay ranch basically across the river from Lolo. Said there was one small pronghorn buck in with about 25 mulie does. THe guys hunted here and hunted antelope all his life, I had to believe him.

tmsander, I had a similar situation happen to me quite a few years ago. I had asked where to try for elk and was sent to a place. It looked very promising with sign everywhere and seeing elk was an added plus to my plan. This area bordered part of area #79. Well when shootinting started down by the creek in #79 the elk head for the national forest where there was a hunter behind every tree. It was one of those times when there were so many hunters that you needed to bring your own tree. Well it didn't take me very long to hit the road and get the hell out of there.

Just start spraying the bark off the trees with that semi auto - That'll get em movin!! What the heck - shoot a few dozen by their feet while they are running for their lives too. Maybe they'll all switch to bow hunting after that. :D

Lost Again.

Farm is near Dillon? Ever hunt up near Morrison Lake? I hunt the Idaho side of the divide around there pretty often and seem to chase the elk over the hill and out of Idaho as often as not. My wife got a nice 6x6 just on the Idaho side of the divide a few years ago. BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY!!

ELKCHASER

I think if I was in this situation I would sit tight and just get ready for the herd to be headed my way

Back