It’s not just corner hopping…

If it would have no other legal access than thru the BMA enrolled deeded land, then yes, they can control it.
To clarify, they can choose weather or not to allow you through their land to access a state section, but if they allow you on their land that is adjacent to a state parcel, they can't prohibit you from crossing the fence to state, can they?
 
You can access any state piece with legal access (ie. county road, etc.) regardless of what that map says.

If it would have no other legal access than thru the BMA enrolled deeded land, then yes, they can control it.
That is incorrect. It’s been tested out here.
 
Tried to take my kid there last year for the jr hunt, figured since I had smashed a few vehicle front ends over the years in that stretch on deer there were probably some deer down there. Then I discovered you can’t access it there. Nonsense. Crazy.
 
That is incorrect. It’s been tested out here.
You (or whoever) was cited with trespass?

They can keep you from driving on it, IME they cannot keep you from accessing if it's from a legal road.

Edit: I guess, technically, the DNRC could change the access regulations associated with certain sections of state (in short range weapon only hunting, etc.). I also know that they can require notification (not permission) depending on what ag operation is leasing the section for.
 
Last edited:
You (or whoever) was cited with trespass?

They can keep you from driving on it, IME they cannot keep you from accessing if it's from a legal road.
IMG_7517.jpeg
I am not going to name the bma but I know for fact an elk was shot on accessible state enrolled in this bma. The hunter was not allowed to recover the elk and a warning was issued. That is just one instance I know of many more.
 
To clarify, they can choose weather or not to allow you through their land to access a state section, but if they allow you on their land that is adjacent to a state parcel, they can't prohibit you from crossing the fence to state, can they?
Another one I drive by all the time. The state land is otherwise inaccessible and would be phenomenal whitetail and elk hunting. That’s why it’s hunted by the neighboring outfitter and the public isn’t allowed to cross from the BMA.

IMG_6290.jpeg
 
This is annoying me. Not sure how you can legally obtain access to public ground, but then not be allowed to use it.
 
View attachment 418315
I am not going to name the bma but I know for fact an elk was shot on accessible state enrolled in this bma. The hunter was not allowed to recover the elk and a warning was issued. That is just one instance I know of many more.
I feel like thats pretty shaky legal ground, if the bma funded some of the state trust from the state land, i would at least sort of get the logic. What could they charge someone with? Trespassing on state land? What kind of jury would buy off on that?

Pretty easy way to make a mistake in my opinion, if your bma layer is turned off you could reasonably have no idea that the state land must be signed into via bma.
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
120,099
Messages
2,249,691
Members
39,092
Latest member
jgarren
Back
Top