It's done

Slydog

Well all,

The kids wedding was a super event. As you Fathers out there who have given your daughters away know its the single hardest thing as a father that you will ever do. I'm lucky, My new son-in-law is a great young man but it didn't make giving her away any easier.
I haddn't seen her in her dress untill I got in the limo to help her with her earrings, She looked so grown up and beautiful and had a glow to her. When asked who gives this woman, I almost didn't say my line because my mouth was as dry as a "popcorn fart" for lack of a better word. I did however remember my lines and things went well. We danced and laughed till around midnight and then the Limo came to take my little girl and her new husband away.
For the first time I truly felt empty and at the same time full of the best in life.

For those of you daddys out there with girls that someday you will have to give away, know this, I feel your pain and you will know mine.

Thank you all for the well wishes and for being my seccond family

Cheers,
slydog

Way to go Sly on innitiating your children to the great institution of marriage...
Congratulations...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Sly,
Congrats to you and your daughter. It sounds like you're a great father. I'll say it again, she must be a lucky girl to have a great Dad and now a new great husband!

Love, Raven

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back