Caribou Gear Tarp

It's a shame how some folks butcher a Savage Model 99

Paracord wrap on the lever is in with the tacticool crowd, maybe a key lock forend if you need more accessories

This guys seems to have some grasp of fact and maybe half a desire to create a discussion, as opposed to Azelkhunter who has none and is now a resident troll over on Bowsite. Recently he complained over there that they're turning into a bunch of liberal softies like those guys on that HuntTalk forum who banned him 🤣
Now THAT sounds like Otto! Last I checked (which has been a while) he's still hanging out on the Field and Stream forum ... that he's personally burned down with his anti-liberal foaming at the mouth. Sadly, the site is totally unmonitored. Thanks to him and the floodgates always open for spammers selling moving service in the Punjab or fake Gucci handbags, a once very lively forum is now dead in the water. The magazine is going downhill fast too. Very sad to watch ... so I stopped watching.

Sorry dude. Had to do it. At the LR Silhouette Nationals in Raton, there are so many 39As that people grab the wrong rifle and walk off to their firing point at The other end of the range with it. So, ya gotta do something to stand out from the crowd. :)
That's a purty lever rifle Brent..

Hi guys!
First post here, sorry this came up on my google search of savage model 99. Anyhow I just inherited this rifle and was thinking that since it’s chambered in .243 I could rebarrel it to 6.5 creed. Anybody know of a competent smith who could chamber it, I was thinking one of those carbon barrels would be pretty cool. At first thought I was gonna just use a dremmel to open up the stock and rattle can it, but after thinking about it I don’t really like the wood anyhow because of the weight. I’m hoping to find some black synthetic aftermarket stock replacements but I really wanted something that had a enclosed forend to accommodate my night vision as my primary purpose is coyote hunting and I don’t think it will be enough gun to take down a deer.

Tia
View attachment 206920
I bet those swivel studs aren't stock. The stock doesn't look stock also. Might be an aftermarket stock to preserve original wood.

Judging by the rest of you, I won’t be getting any huge discounts next time I come across a Savage 99 that’s been drilled and tapped. :(

I don't have a 99.
But you ought to have seen the Bubba customized Mausers i've picked up.
I cringe everytime i think of them...

Judging by the rest of you, I won’t be getting any huge discounts next time I come across a Savage 99 that’s been drilled and tapped. :(
It depends on whether Savage Arms Corp. did the drilling/tapping or some buffoon with a Skil drill. If Savage did it, the trademark won't be harmed.

It depends on whether Savage Arms Corp. did the drilling/tapping or some buffoon with a Skil drill. If Savage did it, the trademark won't be harmed.
Just because it was drilled and tapped through the logo, because that’s where Savage put the logo, doesn’t mean the guy did it with a “Skil drill” instead of a mill, or that he did bad work. Frankly, before CNC equipment was common, an awful lot of gunsmiths did better work than most of the factory work done on affordable rifles. I’ve seen quite a few off center scope base holes in older factory Remingtons, and the ones in that Savage 99 look pretty straight to me.

Can you explain how drilling through the logo has damaged the functionality of the weapon? If I was guessing, the guy that had that work done was perfectly happy with it.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back