Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Its a mad mad world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the point of this thread is to show that everybody says they don't care but they can't help themselves but to make sure everyone knows they don't care also to expose the intolerant hipocrites of this great forum. I also posted it because I thought the encounter was funny as to how my week had gone and would drive a fun thoughtful discussion. Which it has for the most part. These discussions need to happen on this forum because their is obviously a lot disagreements between folks on here and some have no clue how to word a disagreement that doesn't evolve into a shitshow everytime. Some have proven that is how they function on this very thread. If we as a whole want the forum to be fun and run smoothly for bigfins sake we need to have some understanding and use context before we say the first emotional knee jerk thought that comes into our head. Over the last 2 weeks or so I have made it a point to say things that I knew would get those kind of knee jerk emotional responses. I like to single out buzz but it's way more people than just buzz. I'll shout out @benlamb as an example of a mature thought out response to a comment that doesn't sit well. If some of you follow his lead this place will be less of a shitshow. For the sake of everyone on here please stop proving my point.

Our doctor was pissed off one morning - he eventually explained he was retiring because of the sheer amount of drug use he sees in pregnant women. Seeing fetuses die from a lack of empathy is a burden i wouldnt want to bear - and i tried to be more/always understanding with folks in medicine because of his sadness/compassion.

yeah and i'm sure some doctors could chime in - you have to emotionally detach yourself to some degree or you won't make it. that can lead to many things in how you interact with patients no matter who you are and where you come from.

in this instance i just could see that maybe with our specific doctor on friday, there is yet even more reason to be a little understandable that her manner and style is not maybe as soft as we'd have liked.

maybe it's too presumptuous and reeks of bias for me to assume that about her behavior. but it was a thought i couldn't help but have, that her career has probably been an uphill battle i can't even imagine, so i can see why maybe she comes off a little callous.

For sure - make no mistake - i am just saying giving people the benefit of the doubt applies regardless because theres a lot to a person independent of what is observable.

Being a poor white male from a single parent home with drug use that aspired to be a doctor - would likely also harden you. I don't think there is universal privelage that should ever be assumed - and yes it is true that minorities struggle in ways we cant comprehend. I wont dispite that - and i acknowledge it. Only a bigot wouldnt. The point i am trying to make - The safe assumption is that the people around you are all dealing with something rough or have in their life/day you simply wont ever understand and its best not to take things personally. Applies to everyone from the garbageman, grocery clerk, waitress to the high rolling stock trader of all backgrounds.

Our doctor was pissed off one morning - he eventually explained he was retiring because of the sheer amount of drug use he sees in pregnant women. Seeing fetuses die from a lack of empathy is a burden i wouldnt want to bear - and i tried to be more/always understanding with folks in medicine because of his sadness/compassion.
Off topic at this point, but I agree with your take on “privilege” - a very poor choice of word to describe the situation by the DEI folks. “Privilege” implies some unwarranted exalted position and lack of earned success. This is BS - many successful folks had to overcome much hardship to get there. A better term would have been “advantage”. Much less of the pejorative implications of being “privileged”, but still identifying that it is better to be a poor white kid in MS in 1975 than a poor black kid in the same place/time - better to be a rich Ivy League legacy white kid than a black Ivy League scholarship kid.

Coming into this world as white orphan, as I did, was an advantage to doing so as a black baby in the 60’s. During the 55+ years I have lived, being white provided certain advantages and minimized some disadvantages without a doubt. None of that takes away from the fact I worked my ass off to have some semblance of an upper middle class life. And it still holds true that hard work is always a great strategy to make a life for one’s self regardless of race/gender/orientation. But working hard as a straight white man is different than working hard as a black gay women - it just is.

Off topic at this point, but I agree with your take on “privilege” - a very poor choice of word to describe the situation by the DEI folks. “Privilege” implies some unwarranted exalted position and lack of earned success. This is BS - many successful folks had to overcome much hardship to get there. A better term would have been “advantage”. Much less of the pejorative implications of being “privileged”, but still identifying that it is better to be a poor white kid in MS in 1975 than a poor black kid in the same place/time - better to be a rich Ivy League legacy white kid than a black Ivy League scholarship kid.

Coming into this world as white orphan, as I did, was an advantage to doing so as a black baby in the 60’s. During the 55+ years I have lived, being white provided certain advantages and minimized some disadvantages without a doubt. None of that takes away from the fact I worked my ass off to have some semblance of an upper middle class life. And it still holds true that hard work is always a great strategy to make a life for one’s self regardless of race/gender/orientation. But working hard as a straight white man is different than working hard as a black gay women - it just is.
Im in absolute agreement it is.

My point - is like yours - its really not fair to assume much about anyone and where they sre and how they got there. Other than their struggles were substantially different than your own.

I.e. a "well off" kid that never saw their dad isnt better off inherently than someone who grew up lower middle class and had a quality family life. If you asked both of these people theyd envy the other - but the best is to be grateful of what you are lucky to have and assume others didnt.

Last edited:
should really give everyone everywhere the benefit of the doubt for the most part. you never know what people are dealing with and how it's impacting the way they respond to people and situations. more times that not, they're dealing with something, or have dealt with somethign their whole life, worse than you.

i feel like you think i'm saying you should give people a pass to behave however they want just for being a woman, or black, or a black woman. that's not what i'm saying and i think you know that. but you still gotta try your best to put yourself in others shoes and take a moment to wonder, perhaps, why their behavior has been molded by their experiences.

i was just saying to my wife why it's honestly probably pretty understandable that a black female MD who's been in the game for 20-25 years is probably is a little less soft around the edges and prone to talking over people and maintaining "won't stand down" sort of posture most the time.

forget the fact that she's black and just say "female MD" and it applies as well.

and it doesn't just apply to being a doctor. but i do imagine there are some pretty damn unique difficult challenges to that field when you're a female, especially a female of color, and that it'll harden some over time.
This story rings true. The world is slow to change. Trust me, I have to listen to on a daily basis from the wife.

My advice to that Dr, and the woman on the construction site, and pretty much every human being of any sex, color, or creed. If you don't want to go crazy, at some point you just have to be comfortable knowing you are in charge of something and have the training and experience to handle it. Making sure everyone knows you are in charge is a sure way to turn people off. Basically, people don't want to hear your sob story about walking through 2 ft of snow to school, uphill both ways. I agree that people need to be more understanding, but it seems the number of assholes never goes down.

This story rings true. The world is slow to change. Trust me, I have to listen to on a daily basis from the wife.

My advice to that Dr, and the woman on the construction site, and pretty much every human being of any sex, color, or creed. If you don't want to go crazy, at some point you just have to be comfortable knowing you are in charge of something and have the training and experience to handle it. Making sure everyone knows you are in charge is a sure way to turn people off. Basically, people don't want to hear your sob story about walking through 2 ft of snow to school, uphill both ways. I agree that people need to be more understanding, but it seems the number of assholes never goes down.
Yup - the power of AND. Folks need to pick their battles - AND - the rest of us need to do better not to fall into 1950 habits.

So the point of this thread is to show that everybody says they don't care but they can't help themselves but to make sure everyone knows they don't care also to expose the intolerant hipocrites of this great forum. I also posted it because I thought the encounter was funny as to how my week had gone and would drive a fun thoughtful discussion. Which it has for the most part. These discussions need to happen on this forum because their is obviously a lot disagreements between folks on here and some have no clue how to word a disagreement that doesn't evolve into a shitshow everytime. Some have proven that is how they function on this very thread. If we as a whole want the forum to be fun and run smoothly for bigfins sake we need to have some understanding and use context before we say the first emotional knee jerk thought that comes into our head. Over the last 2 weeks or so I have made it a point to say things that I knew would get those kind of knee jerk emotional responses. I like to single out buzz but it's way more people than just buzz. I'll shout out @benlamb as an example of a mature thought out response to a comment that doesn't sit well. If some of you follow his lead this place will be less of a shitshow. For the sake of everyone on here please stop proving my point.
Your story, make it as big as you want.

Might i reccomend this?
View attachment 322453
Its a joke - not a new law expanding NR access in WY or cutting it in AZ. Dont take it so hard.

See @rjthehunter and @Hilljackoutlaw outlaw - it is possible to have some fun without the expense of someone. Except chronic non-shitters i guess.

God knows hes had some fun at mine ;).
Careful, he's going to report you.

I always knew he was full of shit!

Come on guys no need to make this thread about @BuzzH . He had nothing to do with this mess. (not saying he doesn't create messes of his own)
Alright alright.

I was just trying to show how to poke fun at buzz without condemning a race/minority. Which does seem relevant to the thread/topic.

Id buy him a beer. Just havin fun. He would shame me with conservation, hunting, and lots of knowledge.

Buzz your like the jelly of the month club. The gift that keeps on giving the whole year.
Nobody subscribed themselves and nobody actually wants it.
I think it all stems from buzz pushing the report button on someone. 🤷‍♂️
Actually i dont think buzz reports anything. I'll give him that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back