Is Vortex good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take bushnell over vortex anyday. Just cause they market like crazy and say how great they are everywhere you look doesnt make it true. Vortex has suckered a lot of people in. If Paying $799 for $150 glass is your thing then sure it's good.

Well rj, this one time, when I was bear hunting, I got between a cow moose and her calf. Totally my fault, took a charge. I retreated into a boulder field to get away from the cow. I stepped on a loose rock, fell and bashed my rifle and scope. Actually had my sidearm out in case she jumped on top of me. The objective lens and elevation turret were screwed up. Bad. Montana's big game season was weeks away. I called the scope manufacturer, explained my situation. They expedited my repair and had it back to me in time to hunt. Free. mtmuley

Had a 2 week old Diamondback HP (short for Huge Piece if I had to guess), shit the bed and cost me 6 weeks of a Wyoming hunting season.

Never again.

My swaro's have been getting repaired for about 3 weeks now, I've been borrowing a buddy's 15x50 razors. The glass is junk for how much they cost IMO. That's my experience with them.

Let me ask outright because this is what actually matters: what is a better product for the same money? And I don't mean "save a little more and get...." If a guy had $200 to spend and wants a 4-12 power scope, what should he get instead of Vortex Diamondback?

Maybe leupold rifleman or vx1? Yes that scope would have the same warranty as any leupold.

I'll be honest, when I compared une rifleman and Diamondback side by side at bass pro I didn't think the leupold was any better. Especially not for more money. I thought the vortex was more clear. But obviously that's my opinion.

I'll be honest, when I compared une rifleman and Diamondback side by side at bass pro I didn't think the leupold was any better. Especially not for more money. I thought the vortex was more clear. But obviously that's my opinion.
I'll be honest I'd take the used leupold all day everyday. Also just my opinion. If you looked hard enough you could probably get a used vx2 close to that price.

I'll be honest I'd take the used leupold all day everyday. Also just my opinion.

I hear you, but why?

And this still gets away from the original question: same money, same specs, better quality. You're talking about if you happen to find a deal on a used one.

Don’t know how universally true it is, but I’ve been told that vortex gives higher commission to box store salespeople than other brands, hence why every shiny hair gel kid at scheels wants me to buy vortex.

For the record, I keep an old pair of 10x42 diamondbacks in my center console. They’re not awesome, but nice to have if I see something when my mavens are at home.
They are one of the few left that has a reward program for sales folks, at least they were several years ago when I sold optics part time. I hated it when coworkers would only push vortex.

Just personal experience with leupold holding up and vortex not so much. More so binoculars than rifle scopes actually. Some guys probably have had just the opposite I'm sure this has just been my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back