Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Is Vortex good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zeiss in the same lower category as vortex and leupold? Not even close dude. Especially if you’re talking Binos and spotters. You’re talking high end German glass vs Chinese.
Zeiss, like many "Euro" glass companies do in fact have Chinese optics. Many of them have the lower price class that is 100% Chinese. With Zeiss it is the Terra line. This is true for Minox, Meopta, Kowa, and many more. That Being said, IMO Vortex is greatly over-priced as a mostly Chinese optic. I have explained in the past that many of the products are no different than other brands but with different trim. I am not into spending a lot more on something to get a no-fault warranty but to each his own.

Zeiss, like many "Euro" glass companies do in fact have Chinese optics. Many of them have the lower price class that is 100% Chinese. With Zeiss it is the Terra line. This is true for Minox, Meopta, Kowa, and many more. That Being said, IMO Vortex is greatly over-priced as a mostly Chinese optic. I have explained in the past that many of the products are no different than other brands but with different trim. I am not into spending a lot more on something to get a no-fault warranty but to each his own.
So a good deal if you get them at 40% off retail then?

I will say they are the best in the business at getting fanboys.

Really, who cares if others think they are “good?” If they are good for you, then good for you.

I think the thing that often gets lost in these conversations is that they're are people at different price tiers, and it's likely that most people are on the lower end. I know my wife would have a heart attack if I tried to tell her I was going to drop $800 on binos. If money is no object then there are a lot of great options. But if a guy has $100 - $150 to spend on binos, what's the best choice?

I think the thing that often gets lost in these conversations is that they're are people at different price tiers, and it's likely that most people are on the lower end. I know my wife would have a heart attack if I tried to tell her I was going to drop $800 on binos. If money is no object then there are a lot of great options. But if a guy has $100 - $150 to spend on binos, what's the best choice?
I sent you a pm

Soo is the meopta 80hd the same glass as what’s in the s2? I had the meopta USA guy tell me that it’s the same glass with less coatings. Is he telling the truth?

Most of my hunting season is spent behind glass and to continue to hunt the level that I do, it will be spent behind the best glass no matter the cost. Vortex isn't even close to meet my standards.

You get what you pay for in optics. Period.

Soo is the meopta 80hd the same glass as what’s in the s2? I had the meopta USA guy tell me that it’s the same glass with less coatings. Is he telling the truth?
I highly doubt coatings will account for double the price.

I have started replacing all of my Vortex with Swaro 2 years ago. I am glad to have used vortex but I wish I had just went with swaro right out of the gate.

If given a choice between Leupold, NightForce or Vortex which one would most people take. Which offers the best "bang for the buck" at below retail?

Team Lupe, and I can afford a NF....were I to opt for stupid money glass I'd go Schmidt & Bender. Quibbling aside, I can't beat Pat's service and price point for the niche quality I expect.

Not even close - the Bushnell Legend Ultra HD for $170 shipped Amazon are the best "cheap" binos in my view. [FWIW - As you go up in price Maven and Meopta (from schmalts) are the best value from $400 to $1200.]
I fully second this. These are my current knock around binos and they perform quite well next to the viper for significantly less money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back