Yeti GOBOX Collection

Is the Coronavirus a Joke to some People?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody reconsidering out of state hunts? mtmuley
No, still going. Been working since the start might as well go hunting.
Excuse the topic jump, @Big Fin how does all this affect your Production side of things? are you guys currently still planning on trying to get all your hunts in or just going to stay in state?

Excuse the topic jump, @Big Fin how does all this affect your Production side of things? are you guys currently still planning on trying to get all your hunts in or just going to stay in state?

It is getting very complicated. Alaska and New Mexico hunt are going to be very challenging from a logistics standpoint.

We were planning on fishing the annual spring rainy river walleye run in April again this year up on the US/Canadian border but as it got closer and closer the reality really set in it wasn't happening because of the coranavirus. The counties shut down the public accesses for fear of the mass influx of people from all over inundating their small communities. We thought about the lake Erie/Detroit river or Green Bay runs as alternatives, but those basically got shut down to non residents or because of travel/quarantine restrictions or risks. Ended up on pool 4 on the Mississippi river as a consolation price. Even that was sketchy with a shelter in place order happening and not supposed to be fishing with people outside your place of residency. Some days on pool 4 it was unbelievably busy, others just the opposite. Boating traffic has been strange this year as well. No rhyme or reason to it vs a normal year, assumidly because of people's works schedules being so different.

So won't be surprised if things get weird or weirder this fall.

The use of parks, wma's and even nwr's has seen a huge uptick because of the virus.

Have 5 kids, one graduated this spring, 2 in separate college's, one married to a marine that live in Hawaii with 2 kids and are moving to California in the late fall and one starting college in the fall and the youngest still in high school. To say this year has been a challenge is an understatement. Not just the virus but all the George Floyd fall out, especially when the wife works in mpls and the 80 year old folks live in north mpls as well 7 miles from the police precinct that was torched.

Second from the youngest kid who graduated this year and is starting college this fall fainted and hit his head before work one night. Wife found him passed out on the floor in his bedroom, woke him up and took him into the er in the infant stages of the virus shutdown. He lost a year of his memory and had zero clue what was going on with all the restrictions just to get into the hospital. He's a huge hockey fan and couldn't grasp why hockey was shut down. He couldn't drive for a while, missed more than a month of work and finally has most of his memory back. Sucked dealing with him graduating because he was doing all the college courses in his last year of high school. Plus having to deal with virtual dr visits and then trying to get in and all the garbly gauk that came with it that wasn't the new normal yet.

Oldest kid and his wife just bought a house and moved. That whole process was a challenge with the housing market being white hot, and the logistics of getting stuff inspected, finalized and ironing out the financial side of it.

Don't anticipate the fall being any different than the rest of this twilight zone year so far.

Hope travel restrictions don't shut down stuff like it did for us this spring and millions of other people with all kinds of stuff. But am getting more mentally prepared for that being a possible probability and trying to have alternative plans in place because it's looking more and more likely it's not out of the realm of possibilities. Plan for the worst, hope for the best I guess.

Had to shuffle the dates to "allow" myself time to get into Alaska before the MANDATORY negative test mandate begins. If the test results were faster it wouldn't be a problem but 72 hours is really not enough for most people. Yet you hear on the news about sports teams getting tested DAILY! WHAT?????????

My grandpa passed away from Covid this morning. It was amazing how quickly and efficiently it took him down. I like to think he's already sitting on a dock somewhere in heaven, catching bluegills with Grandma.

I do not plan on changing any of my hunting plans this fall. I will make small changes to limit the possibility of catching or spreading it. Instead of grabbing snacks at gas stations, I'll pack a cooler with all food and drinks I need for the drive. I will pay at the pump for gas and pull off on side roads when I need to take a leak. Assuming no unexpected events like truck problems, I can easily do a 10 day trip without entering a building or coming within 6' of another person. In fact, that's the way I prefer it.

Very sad news NoWiser.

Other than dry ice, I think we can stay out of commercial buildings for our Wyoming trip. What worries me more is if I am supposed to sell quarantine when I come back. Right now, not an issue, but October?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back