Is the Coronavirus a Joke to some People?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difference is that I don’t listen to my wife tell me about how shitty her day was because she had 5 patients die because they didn’t believe in the moon landing.

Real people are getting hurt, people moms, dads, brothers, sisters, kids...

Moon landing conspiracies also don't cause millions to be out of work, thousands to commit suicide, thousands to lose their businesses, thousands to not go to the doctor for serious issues. There is lots of hurt and death from both issues. I feel like all of the available information both in agreement and dissenting should be put on the table for all to see. Let everyone study and make an informed decision that is best for themselves and family. After all, the CDC and WHO have been wrong before they were right every step of the way....not a big deal/huge deal, don't wear a mask/masks are mandatory, this medicine is great for xyz/you can't use this medicine for xyz. Doesn't seem right to only share their opinion....which is what big tech (google, fb, youtube, etc...) is doing. If it goes against CDC recommendations, they censor it.

Last edited:
The availab
Your article shows pretty clearly how the "numbers" can be manipulated by politicians to control the narrative. The % positive went up but the number of cases was more than cut in half. All by changing the testing protocol.

On July 15th, Montana Governor Steve Bullock put into place a directive making wearing a mask mandatory in all Montana counties with four or more active cases of COVID-19. The directive required masks/face coverings to be used in most indoor settings where social distancing can't be maintained.

A month later we now have numbers to evaluate the effectiveness of the governor's directive in helping prevent the spread of COVID-19 here in Gallatin County. You'll see that the number of coronavirus tests has fallen considerably. In mid-July just after the governor's directive was issued, the state changed their testing protocol and stopped testing asymptomatic patients (showing no symptoms of the virus).

The following data is provided by the Gallatin City-County Health Department. You can access that data by clicking here.

From July 1 - July 15 (Pre-Mask Directive)

• COVID-19 Tests Conducted in Gallatin County: 4240
  • Positive Cases - 284
  • % of Positive Tests: 6.69%
From August 1 - August 15 (Post-Mask Directive)

• COVID-19 Tests Conducted in Gallatin County: 1877
  • Positive Cases: 127
  • % of Positive Tests: 6.76%
The availability of the testing declined. In simple terms, we ran low on tests...again. Specifically the rapid test that would be used to test an asymptomatic patient. It does no good to test someone when that test takes 3-7days to get a result but you are going to send them home either way.

Moon landing conspiracies also don't cause millions to be out of work, thousands to commit suicide, thousands to lose their businesses, thousands to not go to the doctor for serious issues. There is lots of hurt and death from both issues. I feel like all of the available information both in agreement and dissenting should be put on the table for all to see. Let everyone study and make an informed decision that is best for themselves and family. After all, the CDC and WHO have been wrong before they were right every step of the way....not a big deal/huge deal, don't wear a mask/masks are mandatory, this medicine is great for xyz/you can't use this medicine for xyz. Doesn't seem right to only share their opinion.

No.

There is no discussion, you label any source that doesn’t align with your conspiracy theories fake news, deep state, in the pockets of big tech, big pharma, or resort to whataboutism.

It’s not a discussion anymore. Hasn’t been for 5 threads.

Actually, I went back to your initial posts in April. Thoughtful, lots of great info, good discussions, finding holes in flawed thinking, asking what I think were important timely questions. You are clearly an intelligent thoughtful person.

Can we circle back, and drop the video about a disgruntled researcher with an ax to grind after she was caught stealing corportate data, who describes how corona virus was created in labs by the gates foundation, so that Bill, along with this friends facebook and amazon could make a killing. Hit real also includes, you actually got the virus from your flu shot and it's activated by wearing a mask. Flu vaccinations make the virus worse and that the key to our survival is a mixture of hydroxychloroquine and sand microbes.

Last edited:
The availab

The availability of the testing declined. In simple terms, we ran low on tests...again. Specifically the rapid test that would be used to test an asymptomatic patient. It does no good to test someone when that test takes 3-7days to get a result but you are going to send them home either way.
See if Montana can borrow some from my state. We seem to have more than we need.

"We have far more daily testing capacity than there are tests being undertaken because we're not having people step forward to be tested as we did before," Abbott said at a press conference in Lubbock.

In the week ending Aug. 11, an average of about 35,000 coronavirus tests were administered in Texas each day.

No.

There is no discussion, you label any source that doesn’t align with your conspiracy theories fake news, deep state, in the pockets of big tech, big pharma, or resort to whataboutism.

It’s not a discussion anymore. Hasn’t been for 5 threads.

Actually, I went back to your initial posts in April. Thoughtful, lots of great info, good discussions, finding holes in flawed thinking, asking what I think were important timely questions. You are clearly an intelligent thoughtful person.

Can we circle back, and drop the video about a disgruntled researcher with an ax to grind after she was caught stealing corportate data, who describes how corona virus was created in labs by the gates foundation, so that Bill, along with this friends facebook and amazon could make a killing. Hit real also includes, you actually got the virus from your flu shot and it's activated by wearing a mask. Flu vaccinations make the virus worse and that the key to our survival is a mixture of hydroxychloroquine and sand microbes.
Thanks for the kind words. I know you to also be intelligent and thoughtful. I'd be glad to circle back and have a thoughtful discussion.

But I will say, that part 2 brings up some good points and if nothing else it is very thought provoking. It has almost nothing to do with that lady in part 1. It does speak briefly about her after the intro. I haven't fact checked it all obviously and I'm sure some very "creative liberties" were taken and it is done from a certain point of view like all documentaries. Do I believe it all as fact, NO. But I do believe that the truth is probably somewhere in the middle of that video and the mainstream narrative. That may seem crazy to some. But for everything that happened prior the pandemic to just be coincidence after coincidence is even more crazy to me. Watch the first 2 minute and change intro. If it doesn't at least make you raise your eyebrows a little, I'll give you your money back ;)

Thanks for the kind words. I know you to also be intelligent and thoughtful. I'd be glad to circle back and have a thoughtful discussion.

But I will say, that part 2 brings up some good points and if nothing else it is very thought provoking. It has almost nothing to do with that lady in part 1. It does speak briefly about her after the intro. I haven't fact checked it all obviously and I'm sure some very "creative liberties" were taken and it is done from a certain point of view like all documentaries. Do I believe it all as fact, NO. But I do believe that the truth is probably somewhere in the middle of that video and the mainstream narrative. That may seem crazy to some. But for everything that happened prior the pandemic to just be coincidence after coincidence is even more crazy to me. Watch the first 2 minute and change intro. If it doesn't at least make you raise your eyebrows a little, I'll give you your money back ;)
I’m not a doctor. This guy is...

I’m not a doctor. This guy is...
Your debunking video is from May. The video I posted is from a couple days ago. I'm doubting you watched either one which is fine. But I'd think you'd be open minded enough to at least see what something is about before you say you don't agree and try to shoot it down.

Speaking of credible. Here is your doctor.

• September 6, 2017
Today’s self-promoting physicians have strayed far from the “no advertising rulein the original American Medical Association (AMA) Code of Ethics that was in place from 1847 to 1975—mainly to prevent the practice of medicine from turning into a practice of solicitation.

With 2.5 million Instagram followers, Dr. Mike Varshavski is one of the most popular young physicians on the social media playing field. His account can often be entertaining, albeit misleading: many of his followers likely do not realize that Dr. Mike’s experience is very different from the experiences of the average American physician-in-training, based on previous studies looking at resident quality of life. This is fairly harmless, but he also ventures into some dangerous territory, where the line between physician and social media maven begins to blur. Recently, Dr. Mike’s Instagram account has been a collection of promotional photo shoots for companies ranging from Charmin to Kenneth Cole to Braun, raising the question of how appropriate is it for a physician to be profiting from Instagram views of posts on the same platform that provides medical commentary? Unfortunately, my requests for comments from Varshavski went unanswered.

Last edited:
Your debunking video is from May. The video I posted is from a couple days ago. I'm doubting you watched either one which is fine. But I'd think you'd be open minded enough to at least see what something is about before you say you don't agree and try to shoot it down.

Speaking of credible. Here is your doctor.

• September 6, 2017
With 2.5 million Instagram followers, Dr. Mike Varshavski is one of the most popular young physicians on the social media playing field. His account can often be entertaining, albeit misleading: many of his followers likely do not realize that Dr. Mike’s experience is very different from the experiences of the average American physician-in-training, based on previous studies looking at resident quality of life. This is fairly harmless, but he also ventures into some dangerous territory, where the line between physician and social media maven begins to blur. Recently, Dr. Mike’s Instagram account has been a collection of promotional photo shoots for companies ranging from Charmin to Kenneth Cole to Braun, raising the question of how appropriate is it for a physician to be profiting from Instagram views of posts on the same platform that provides medical commentary? Unfortunately, my requests for comments from Varshavski went unanswered.

Oh sorry I thought we weren't posting peer reviewed science and verifiable authoritative sources any more just videos we found on the internet.

Certainly happily to switch back ;)

What what percentage of covid-19 deaths are not from Nursing or assisted living facilities and what is the total national death count Non Nursing or assisted living facilities. Oh maybe then whats the percent and count under 80 years old. We have counties in Pa where every death was from a nursing or assisted living facility.

What what percentage of covid-19 deaths are not from Nursing or assisted living facilities and what is the total national death count Non Nursing or assisted living facilities. Oh maybe then whats the percent and count under 80 years old. We have counties in Pa where every death was from a nursing or assisted living facility.

Because people in nursing homes aren't important....

QQ

" Deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), pneumonia and influenza reported to NCHS by place of death and state, United States. "
1597943549707.png
Data downloaded from here on 8/20/2020, I created the pivot table.

"Deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), pneumonia, and influenza reported to NCHS by sex and age group and state."
1597944197607.png

Last edited:
What what percentage of covid-19 deaths are not from Nursing or assisted living facilities = 77.79%
What is the total national death count Non Nursing or assisted living facilities = 122,458
Oh maybe then whats the percent and count under 80 75 years old: 66,011, 41.9%

1. If someone want's to start an argument about how these numbers are fake news because the CDC part of the conspiracy theory and/or over counting due to greed or some political agenda, I invite them to eat a hot fresh bag of dicks.
2. If I made an error in creating the pivot tables, I apologize not trying to be misleading I would be happy to fix them

Hard to say accurately. Lots of numbers being manipulated so politicians don't look as bad.

NEW YORK (AP) — Riverdale Nursing Home in the Bronx appears, on paper, to have escaped the worst of the coronavirus pandemic, with an official state count of just four deaths in its 146-bed facility.

The truth, according to the home, is far worse: 21 dead, most transported to hospitals before they succumbed.

New York’s coronavirus death toll in nursing homes, already among the highest in the nation, could actually be a significant undercount. Unlike every other state with major outbreaks, New York only counts residents who died on nursing home property and not those who were transported to hospitals and died there.

" Deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), pneumonia and influenza reported to NCHS by place of death and state, United States. "
View attachment 151017

"Deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), pneumonia, and influenza reported to NCHS by sex and age group and state."
View attachment 151018

Wouldn’t most people who are in nursing or assisted living home be transferred to a impatient hospital bed with more advanced care before they die?

See if Montana can borrow some from my state. We seem to have more than we need.

"We have far more daily testing capacity than there are tests being undertaken because we're not having people step forward to be tested as we did before," Abbott said at a press conference in Lubbock.

In the week ending Aug. 11, an average of about 35,000 coronavirus tests were administered in Texas each day.

And therein lies the failure of our government. At least here, the state is not determining anything involving testing, it is all done at the hospital level. The rapid tests are done at the hospitals, so the number of tests you have determine testing capacity. Doctors are told by the Hospital how many they have left and how the ordering flow can proceed. There will need to be a serious review of the logistics of medical supplies to figure out how to improve this on a broader scale.

Wouldn’t most people who are in nursing or assisted living home be transferred to a impatient hospital bed with more advanced care before they die?

My understanding is that it depend on the state, proximity to hospitals and the availability of beds in those care facilities.

NY Pres will be different than Bozeman deaconess.

I think more to @88man point, only 1504 people in my age bracket have died.

1. I alter my behavior simply because I'm worried about immune compromised folks, being over the age of 50 in this case is apparently immune compromised.
2. If I do happen to go on a ventilator I will not be greas'n up mountains like I used to, according to my wife... so it's not just dying to keep in the back of your mind.

For those of you still not taking it seriously or not wearing a mask because you care about nobody but yourself.

part0 (1).jpg

For those of you still not taking it seriously or not wearing a mask because you care about nobody but yourself.

View attachment 151024
Serious question to those that feel strongly that wearing a mask is very beneficial to you and your fellow man/woman. Do you plan to wear one in public forever or just until the government says it is ok to take it off? Just during flu season every year? Or just until covid is not a threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back