Is it SPRING yet

Kraven

YES Im getting all fired up for this season.April 15th is the opener here in Washington and I should be over in Eastern Washington in one of two spots depending on if we want to hunt Rios or Merriams.Were leaving the 14th for the trek across the state and to set up camp and should be gone for 5 days and HOPEFULLY will have 2/3 of the state slam down that weekend,then I will have to find that elusive Eastern.I bought a few new calls this year 3 different pot calls and a Gobbler shaker and am wanting to get another Box or a similar friction call.I have a NWTF chapter committee meeting the 31st to finalize our banquet agenda for Feb 28th then its smooth sailing til the opener I cant wait.

Kraven, YOU are to the Turkey section what I am to the Bear section
wink.gif

I'm also going out after Turkey. Good luck to you Kraven !!

LOL Moosie I cant wait for the opener for Turkey.Our Bear season doesnt open up here until August 1st.We are spot and stalk only in Washington now.

The elusive eastern??? they are not elusive they're everywhere. Well here in Missouri anyways. We must had a great hatch this year I've seen more turkeys this year than ever before. Two weeks ago dad was feeding the cows and he counted 40 birds all with beards scratching around the hay bales. I have seen flocks of 80 to 100 birds but I have never seen that many beared birds together.
Season starts the last week of April and goes through the first two weeks of May. If anybody wants to come down to Missouri let me know.

Hey Gar, well here in Washington there arent that many at all.Hopefully they will start the Trap and Transplant program back up here in the next couple years to get the Easterns to a good population on the West side of the Cascades.We are slowly narrowing down a small flock that might have a few Gobblers im it to hunt this season,sure hope it pans out.The state has good populations of Rios and Merriams now that they can trap and transplant from areas that have too many birds to other suitable spots in the state that they are trying to establish flocks.

Oh ya cant wait got to nice spots picked out. Going to be a little different this year after iI hopefully get josh a bird im going to try for mine with my bow. GOBBLE GOBBLE

HEY Rick what going on man,good to see ya around.Thats great your taking the boy out hopefully he will score on a nice bird.Hope all is well with the family.Good luck on flinging them sticks
wink.gif

Thanks kraven I dont know about the bow now.I have been seeing some real brutes dont know if i want to risk missing a monster. if ya know what i mean.

Back