Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Is it blown up?

If that's the goal then maybe we should start taking the actions they took in China to get those results, no?
A few thoughts: different population densities, some scientific thinking that virility is starting to attenuate (which is fairly common with viruses and makes sense when you think about it from an evolutionary biology standpoint), china only took aggressive actions in most effected areas not countrywide and looks like we have started that too see, New Rochelle. When the CDC and NIH and governors and mayors and public health directors, etc make science based decisions we will be in our best position to weather what is going to be a real tragedy no matter how we play it. Definitely listen to the Mayo podcast that has been posted several times on the 3 HT virus threads.

I am paraphrasing, but the CDC and Mayo agree the current criteria to be tested is: (1) you have a fever which does not respond to OTC meds AND (2) you are experiencing difficulty breathing. OR (3) you have either (1) OR (2) AND have been to a level 3 location and/or been exposed to a known CV patient. That's pretty simple over the phone.
I’m hearing (inside info) the ER is running a full viral panel that test for 20 viruses but NOT covid19. Sort of a process of elimination. Covid 19 test still in short supply as everyone with a cough coming from a major metro area is going to ER. Not sure how that will affect the stats.

If that's the goal then maybe we should start taking the actions they took in China to get those results, no?
Yep. 100%. But we are Americans and we don’t do well with quarantines unless there is an M16 pointed at us.

I’m hearing (inside info)
I've heard some inside scoop that with the warm weather in MN this weekend tree pollen numbers shot up and folks with seasonal allergies were pushing to be tested. Not every cough, weeze and sneeze is CV -- and 80% of the CV ones aren't life threatening. Everybody needs to stay out of the hospital unless they actually need acute care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back