PEAX Equipment

Is antler shedding late this year?

ardrhi

I am still seeing mule deer bucks with antlers. The first shed that I recorded this year was February 7th. This seems to be a full month later than last year.
My recollection (and photos) of last winter was that bucks in the area started shedding in mid January and the last buck that I saw packing antlers was the first week of February.
Has anyone else seen a shift in shedding dates due to weather?

I am still seeing mule deer bucks with antlers. The first shed that I recorded this year was February 7th. This seems to be a full month later than last year.
My recollection (and photos) of last winter was that bucks in the area started shedding in mid January and the last buck that I saw packing antlers was the first week of February.
Has anyone else seen a shift in shedding dates due to weather?

In MT I commonly see mule deer bucks holding into March. I usually don't get serious about looking until then. Anyone else?

I picked up my first whitetail shed like January 6, and just saw a 3x4 still packing this afternoon. Who knows.

I saw dozens of mule deer bucks today from the Jet Ranger that still had both sides and a few with just one.....IMO, they hold them a little longer through a mild winter.

I saw a nice WT buck last thursday with both sides. Really late for a mature buck but we had a dream of a winter as well.

All his sheds should be safe for now. After all, I can only assume he gave her two black eyes for such.

How long does it take for a black eye to heal?[/QUOTE]

...depends, did she have the big mood ring on when whe whacked ya?

You can tell a lot about her mood from that ring. Like for instance if it is traveling at your head at an extreme rate she is likely unhappy with you.

most all the muleys here are still packing, seen 2 or 3 without both sides. Will start looking for them next month. Snowed here recently so will have to wait for a little melt.

Back