Is Ammo supply coming back at all yet?

Waterfowl season opens Sept 1., so I was curious to see if there were any shells in Fairbanks.
Yes if you shoot 10 gauge (3 boxes within a 350 mile radius), no for 12 gauge.
No powder, primer, for pistols, rifles. Some shotgun wads but no powder.

I saw powder at a Des Moines area Scheels yesterday. Some IMR powders $300 + tax per 8# keg. Nothing desirable like Reloder 19,22,23,26, etc. Lotsa Hornady and Sierra bullets. Nothing in .25 or 6.5 tho. Hornady seems to be about the only bullets readily available.

My little middle of nowhere gun shop actually had Varget, 4350, h380, and primers last week. (Shotgun, rifle, and pistol).

$40/lb for powder.

$7/100 for primers.

So not too bad. Stuff must be shaking loose.

Hopefully reloading gear/supplies availability and price get back to normal soon. I finally decided to get into reloading and then things went totally nuts with the run on ammo/guns. I'm looking forward to a new hobby and laying in enough supply to survive future shortages. I love my .280, but this shortage has shown me the vulnerability of shooting lesser-known cartridges when ammo is limited.
GB has .280 HSM, 140grain at about $47/box which isn't terribly bad with the free shipping and no CC fee. Ammoseek occasionally has some Federal Fusion for about $60/box. I'll throw rocks before I pay $60/box, especially Fusion quality. I like the Federal, Trophy Copper since Barnes quit making the blue tip. Hopefully I'm able to research and build my own .280 load soon.

Haven't been paying much attention to the ammo shortage until I head it was affecting waterfowl loads as well. Thankfully a small shop still had plenty of 12 gauge loads. The big box stores I have been in fairly recently are devoid of everything- ammo, anything to do with fishing, etc.

That looks a lot like HH if my memory serves me! When I lived in ND, that was a favorite stop for me anytime I was through town! Great place with great people!
Haha yep you nailed it!!!!!! Yep that's a sweet store.

I think so. I just got 20 boxes of 6.5 ( dont ask why). 10 boxes from Natches and 10 from GB. average 28.00 a box for Whitetail 129gr. Most are $33/box.
You bought 20 boxes of ammo? Damn you must shoot a ton.

You bought 20 boxes of ammo? Damn you must shoot a ton.
no, actually i never shoot. I just like to have a bunch of ammo. Call me a hoarder, prepper, paranoid or dumb, but when I do shoot I don't have to worry about it. I have 10's of thousands of rounds of various ammo.

And lets remember the 6.5 is kinda just an overgrown .22 for shooting. So you can burn through it quick, especially in a AR platform.

Ammo has not been an issue, even found 38 Special yesterday, which I hadn't seen since I bought my 357 Mag revolver back in March. So fun times shooting that soon. Powder and primers are what I am looking for. Found a pound of IMR 4831 which I might be able to put to good use but Varget and Big Game are still elusive. Primers are still scarce for me.

i recently found a 500 brick of Winch .22 that's been scarce. an ammo manuf. that's in a marxist blue state will prob. have issues for a while. red state manuf should be up and running- if they can find components in the supply chain.

The Cheyenne Wyoming store shelves are looking much better as well. Only primers and .45 Colt cartridges are scarce, although prices here are still very high.

i recently found a 500 brick of Winch .22 that's been scarce. an ammo manuf. that's in a marxist blue state will prob. have issues for a while. red state manuf should be up and running- if they can find components in the supply chain.
I’m curious as to why you think a state’s politics impacts whether an ammo manufacturing facility in that state is able to produce or not. I’m not aware of any new regulations placed on manufacturers at the state level. If it’s in regards to willing and able labor, I can’t imagine blue states are any worse off than what I’m seeing in WY, MT and UT - help wanted signs in every window.

Primers are the worst of anything. Powder and projectiles are out there.

I've got a brick of CCI 200 large rifle primers that I would trade for CCI 250 large rifle magnum primers if anyone is in need/has some to spare. PM me if interested.

Dillon, Montana

Most hunting ammo is still hard for me to get. At least the most popular calibers for the Midwest. 243, 30-30, 30-06, 6.5 Creedmoor. Easiest ammo to get is 9mm, 223, 308. I know a lot of people are going to be disappointed unless it shakes loose more. Winchester isn't shipping anymore primers this year. They also aren't going to make everything they offer for each caliber. Don't be surprised when you can't find your favorite factory hunting round

I haven't done a hard look for ammo lately. Is supply showing any signs of catching up to demand?
Was in Springfield, Mo. Monday at Bass Pro and they had a lot of 223 but little of common caliber. Full of Rifles tho.
And thanks to watching Randy on YouTube I picked up another Howa Rifle This Tuesday, My wife was thrilled (not)
But Seriously I Live just outside Little Rock Arkansas and we are fortunate to have The large Remington, Sig and Feooche ammo plants close to us.
On Tuesday my gun store was packed up with ammo from everyone, so maybe we have turned the corner

Was in Springfield, Mo. Monday at Bass Pro and they had a lot of 223 but little of common caliber. Full of Rifles tho.
And thanks to watching Randy on YouTube I picked up another Howa Rifle This Tuesday, My wife was thrilled (not)
But Seriously I Live just outside Little Rock Arkansas and we are fortunate to have The large Remington, Sig and Feooche ammo plants close to us.
On Tuesday my gun store was packed up with ammo from everyone, so maybe we have turned the corner
Fiocchi --- sorry for the spelling, I don't speak Italian🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂

I haven't done a hard look for ammo lately. Is supply showing any signs of catching up to demand?
I am not sure what part of the country you are in, but I am in Georgia and ammo is nowhere to be found. Gun stores need to handle the ammo like they did hand sanitizer when COVID first hit, 2 boxes max per person. When the stores actually get ammo one person buys everything they have

I am not sure what part of the country you are in, but I am in Georgia and ammo is nowhere to be found. Gun stores need to handle the ammo like they did hand sanitizer when COVID first hit, 2 boxes max per person. When the stores actually get ammo one person buys everything they have
See my post yesterday, we here in Arkansas have 3 Big plants producing ammo and my Gun store in White Hall Arkansas is stocked well both in ammo and arms. It's called "Hunters Refuge" ask for Greg

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back