Caribou Gear Tarp

Is Ammo supply coming back at all yet?

I was at Scheel's in Rapid City and they had .243, 25-06, .270 and a few others but no middle of the road ammo.
Lots of N530, 110 and a few other powders

Well dang. I have not seen this much .270 ammo in one place since I bought my rifle last winter. It's nice to see some cheaper stuff on the shelf for once, too. $50 a box stings a bit for learning to shoot.

full

That $85/box for 270 Wby is a bit painful though. Good thing I have enough ammo for this season cuz I’d have to be pretty desperate to pay that.

I still haven’t found any for my 410 though. Super frustrating. I hope some shows up on store shelves this fall.

Local shelves slowly improving. Some decent powders even showed up 4831, 4895 and RL17. None of what I need, but it's good to see. Lots of pistol primers, but 243 and up ammo is still a bit shy. Our local hunting area just opened for general deer though.

Ammo shortage 2.0 is about to start. Importing ammo from Russia is going to be banned. No more wolf, tula, etc is going to be banned.

Was in Memphis TN yesterday at Bass Pro shop and their shelves were fairly full and surprisingly at great prices too.

Locally here in PA ammo is very limited where I live. About all I see are just a few really odd ball calibers here and there

I was able to snag a couple of pounds of IMR
4895 and a couple of pounds LeverEvolution from one of the big online sites this week. That feels like progress.

Last edited:
GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dyaddof
Back