Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Is Ammo supply coming back at all yet?

yes, saw a bunch of 9mm and 223/5.56 on the shelves. Saw some 270 remington last week, 7-08 tonight with other calibers as well. Picked up 8 lbs of powder last week along with 2000 primers of various sizes. I'd say were slowly turning the corner. I was not affected by shortages before this one as I was not reloading that much. I've bought a few too many rifles and started reloading and shooting in earnest. I do not intend to get caught short handed in the future. When i was in Scheels on saturday they had a pallet of 5.56 selling for around .50 a round. Bang bang!

I haven't done a hard look for ammo lately. Is supply showing any signs of catching up to demand?
I’ve seen a lot more rifle ammo than handgun ammo… and less of the popular cartridges in our area.. like 7.62 5.56 .223.. there is no 9mm still.. I have enough for my .45 .22LR and .308 and when I go to get more they usually have one box so I’m content… for now

yes, saw a bunch of 9mm and 223/5.56 on the shelves. Saw some 270 remington last week, 7-08 tonight with other calibers as well. Picked up 8 lbs of powder last week along with 2000 primers of various sizes. I'd say were slowly turning the corner. I was not affected by shortages before this one as I was not reloading that much. I've bought a few too many rifles and started reloading and shooting in earnest. I do not intend to get caught short handed in the future. When i was in Scheels on saturday they had a pallet of 5.56 selling for around .50 a round. Bang bang!
Sheels billings??

I was in Sportsman’s in Bozeman last week and they had quite a bit of 12 gauge shells. Limit 2 boxes per day, so I bought two. Went back the next day to get two more and it was all gone. Seems 308 is coming back into stock in many places, as is 5.56. I’ve been looking for some 65CM for my son’s new rifle, but have yet to find any in stores.

I'm seeing lots of 223, 9mm, and 12ga buckshot but still very little in hunting calibers. I did bump into some only mildly over priced 7mm-08 that chose not to buy

Its getting better for sure! I think problem is there is now a hoarding mentality, we will work thru it just hope it doesnt take forever. I also think price have moved a notch higher forever.

I have been looking for 300 Win Mag Hornaday Precision Hunter for a long time and found a few boxes last week. That was literally the only hunting ammo there, everything else was FMJ .9mm, .380, .40, .223, some 12Ga

Hit and miss around here. It seems as though our big box store (Sportsmans) is lagging way behind our local gun shops (not that I'm complaining...). I've been able to find .30-06, .270, 7mm-08, 22LR, .40, and 9mm in the past couple of months. Plenty of shotgun shells everywhere. Our only struggle to find has been .308 for my son.

I am still struggling to find .270 ammo locally. Sportsmans is the only place around here that I have seen anything new hitting the shelves at all, and that has been pretty random. As much as need to practice shooting, I've made a rule for myself to always keep one box on hand just in case I can't get ahold of any come October when I really need it.

Found a 500 round box of 22LR, which is a good sign. Still not much out there for 7mm rem mag though. The only hunting rounds that I've seen recently were copper bullets types.

Local store had 6.5CM, 30-06, and 300wm two times I was there in the last month. Must be selling a bit slower. Ammoseek is showing 9mm for <.35/rd and quite a bit of factory rifle ammo for <$2/rd. Prices were double that several months ago.

Not here yet. I've been to several sporting goods stores and Walmarts. Only 7.62x39 and 5.56 on any shelves. No shotgun or rifle ammo at all. Also no pistol ammo to be had. Don't even talk about 22lr..

Somewhat. Hard to tell what will be in stock at any given time though. Seems the powder manufacturers still aren't letting anything trickle down to hand loaders though.

Somewhat. Hard to tell what will be in stock at any given time though. Seems the powder manufacturers still aren't letting anything trickle down to hand loaders though.
Been seeing more powder lately, not ideal but better. I picked of 5lbs of r50 2weeks ago that i was running way low on and couple local stores have had several pounds coming thru, even walmart had some imr powders this week. Hopefully the end isnt to far off....

Saw a lot more this weekend than I have in a while, even found a few cans of Blackhorn 209. Now primers on the other hand…

Saw decent amounts of ammo today at SW. Common stuff .308, 7mm/08 Barnes .223 250 round bucket for $280 plus tax. More odd brands like Grizzley or they just are not common here.Plenty of handgun bullets. Rifle bullets are mostly Hornady. A fair amount of Sig-Sauer 6.5 Creed brass. Powder and primers are as scarce as hen's teeth.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back