Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Iowa/LSU Women’s BBall tonite

I've watched for years. Started with the Lady Griz and Robin Selvig. Great success. Kinda like Geno and Uconn. mtmuley
I've watched long enough that I'm watching the kids of the early lady griz players, play. Liv Roberts played for UW and graduated a few years ago, awesome player. Watched her Mom Cheri Bratt-Roberts play for UM, also a great player.

I'm old.

Ah yes, so pure. Caitlin Clark is making millions to play college ball while the WNBA league min is like $78k. :ROFLMAO:

Watched part of my 3rd women's college bball game tonight though, found it entertaining. Some very impressive shooting holy cats!

Ah yes, so pure. Caitlin Clark is making millions to play college ball while the WNBA league min is like $78k. :ROFLMAO:

Watched part of my 3rd women's college bball game tonight though, found it entertaining. Some very impressive shooting holy cats!
Nolan Ryan had a side gig when he first started playing pro baseball it paid so little. Didn't make a million a year until way late in his career.

Give it time.

As much of a baller as Clark is, I think Bueckers is the better player overall. I think I’ll put some money on UConn for the upset of Iowa. Regardless, that should be a helluva game.

As much of a baller as Clark is, I think Bueckers is the better player overall. I think I’ll put some money on UConn for the upset of Iowa. Regardless, that should be a helluva game.
Skinny white girls slashing their way through the traffic , it's fun to watch.

What records of Clarks is Bueckers going to break?

No shame in being in the top 5-10 players, but no, not a better player than Clark.

Geno is a great coach, he's a winner and gets 120% from his team. He's always going to be tough to beat, but I think uconn loses by 15.

What records of Clarks is Bueckers going to break?

I don’t really see how that’s relevant. Was Maravich the best college player ever? Is Lebron the GOAT (to me he is, but it’s not because of his scoring record)? There’s more to the game than scoring. It’s not an outlandish statement that I made. Just my opinion. Lastly, Vegas has Iowa by like 2.5 so your 15 points is pretty bold. Time will tell. Some analytics back it up:

Last edited:
I used to love watching BBall, mostly the NBA. then it was men's college BB, now I definitely prefer women's college bball. It's more competitive with better skill where the most athletic doesn't always win. And they fit the court better, dudes need a bigger court, the avg bball guy has grown a shitton.
Geno described mens bball perfectly recently in an interview. I'll post up the interview if I can find it. Spot on...said the players are more athletic and talented now, but not better players overall. Basically they don't understand the game. Women's all be it not as exciting sometimes they still play bball and the way they move without the ball is great. Altho UCONN men's plays team bball and is incredible to watch right now.
You wanna watch incredibly high IQ bball watch old film of the Celtics when they won the title with Bill Walton. Between him, bird, Parrish, McHale it was a thing of beauty.

I don’t really see how that’s relevant. Was Maravich the best college player ever? Is Lebron the GOAT (to me he is, but it’s not because of his scoring record)? There’s more to the game than scoring. It’s not an outlandish statement that I made. Just my opinion. Lastly, Vegas has Iowa by like 2.5 so your 15 points is pretty bold. Time will tell. Some analytics back it up:

Try to tell me anyone in the women's game see's the floor like Clark. Does Buekers pass better? Shoot the 3 ball better? Quicker shot? More double-double's, more triple doubles? Points? Assists? Rebounds?

To be better, you actually have to be better at some part of the game. At least at more parts of the game than the person you're being compared to.

I get it, fun to hate the best, but Clark is, and it's not much of a debate.

What do you think Geno is going to say about his own player? and he should! Geno is one of my favorite all-time coaches, but he's not correct about this one. Buekers is a phenomenal player, but just doesn't have the edge that Clark does.

Last edited:
Try to tell me anyone in the women's game see's the floor like Clark. Does Buekers pass better? Shoot the 3 ball better? Quicker shot? More double-double's, more triple doubles?

To be better, you actually have to be better at some part of the game. More parts of the game than the person you're being compared to.

I get it, fun to hate the best, but Clark is, and it's not much of a debate.
Half the game is defense and Buecker is clearly better at that. And Iowa has been a one woman show so Clark can rack up stats more easily. But neither of us will convince the other. We will see come Friday. More stats for you though.

IMG_1562.jpeg

Half the game is defense and Buecker is clearly better at that. And Iowa has been a one woman show so Clark can rack up stats more easily. But neither of us will convince the other. We will see come Friday. More stats for you though.

View attachment 321300
Defense is great, but if you don't put points on the board, it means ZIP.

Having to resort to tournament stats versus lifetime and season stats is pretty lame. Anyone can catch a 3-4 game streak, different animal when comparing lifetime stats. That's what separates the very good from the best.

There's some very important and huge margins in those tournament stats that point to the better player.

We can argue about most anything.

If you stopped watching the NBA, you are missing some great basketball. I've been a Joker fan for a while. The Nuggets play beautiful basketball. They have great movement, involve everyone, and the Joker is the most unselfish, talented offensive player in the league. Every game he will have you shaking your head over something.

I was glad Iowa won. Although Angel Reese is a beast of a player, she is hard to like. This Iowa team will be a legend in Iowa for a long long time.

Robin Selvig ran an incredible program, for many years. He never fell to temptation to use the Montana job as a stepping stone. A cousin's daughter played for him, back in the Shannon Cate days. I think she was one year behind Shannon.

View attachment 321300
I’m not sure why everyone says Iowa is a one trick pony. Two other Iowa players had 21 and 16 points respectively. Clark had 12 assists, I’m not much of a basketball guy but I think you get an assist when you pass the ball to another player and it leads to a score?

Clark was not that great at times last night and the other girls stepped up, that’s a team.

View attachment 321300
I'll tell you the most important stat, one that few players (of any gender or sport) will ever match is sell outs. She sold out arenas. Not just here at Carver, but everywhere she goes. I can tell you that the energy here in Iowa City on women's game days is insane. As a father of a female athlete, I'm really glad we could witness her greatness. Go Hawks!

Is Lebron the GOAT (to me he is, but it’s not because of his scoring record)? There’s more to the game than scoring. It’s not an outlandish statement that I made. Just my opinion.

I’m confused. The stats are all LeBron has on Jordan now and all he ever will. You also state lower that defense is your reason for picking Buecker over Clark. Jordan actually played defense regularly.

I’m from Ohio and was a huge LeBron fan. Looking back now I can see his opportunity for surpassing Jordan quite clearly - winning a 4peat (or more?) in Cleveland against GSW during his second tenure there. Unfortunately he didn’t and also unfortunate his Pippen - Kyrie Irving went AWOL. Frustrating for sure but history has been written. So many what-if’s with that ‘15-‘18 Cavs squad.

Carry on.

Watched the last 5 min of the game. It almost got interesting, LSU seemed to not want to go away. Pretty good game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back