Internal wall tent frame worth it?

Carl 9.3x62

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 4, 2016
Messages
3,210
Location
Wyoming
I have a large (~15`x22') wall tent thats about 35 years old. We use a traditional frame set up. Looking at maybe buying a corner kit from Davis Tent and building an internal frame for it. Worth it?
 
I’d say if the tent is in good shape and you think you’ll use it? I have a 14x16 Davis that is about 15 yo and I’ve only ever used the internal poles it came with. Probably use it average 1x year. Not used a ton but man it’s nice for the right kind of hunt. Also got a floor for it.
 
I have a large (~15`x22') wall tent thats about 35 years old. We use a traditional frame set up. Looking at maybe buying a corner kit from Davis Tent and building an internal frame for it. Worth it?
I’m sold on the internal frames. Done it both ways and the frame is the way to go. They just seem to handle the snow and wind a little better IMO. I like having the frame inside to hang gear and lights and stuff.
 
I think it kinda depends on where you’re using it too. I grew up hunting at my uncle’s camp in an area where small dead lodgepole was plentiful, so cutting tent poles was a simple matter. The tent I have now has an internal frame and it’s definitely nice, especially in an area where natural poles are hard to find.
 
Back
Top