Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

InReach mini problems

SandyCreek

Just got back from an elk hunt and i had a few problems with my in reach mini that I've never had before. First off it was taking 20-30 minutes sometimes to get a gps location even above timberline on top of a ridge or in wide open meadows then when it would fix my location it'd lose it off and on all day and we would repeat the process. Second it was taking about the same amount of time if not longer to send out messages. My garmin watch was able to fix my position no problem no matter where i was at. Ive never had any issues with the mini up until now i was even using it this summer. Just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience

I've run into delays getting messages out but usually when I am in a valley. It is definitely not quick and quite annoying.

I love every other Garmin device I have but it feels like the mini took some shortcuts to just get the old inreach packaged into a small form factor. And don't get me started on the battery life...

I've run into delays getting messages out but usually when I am in a valley. It is definitely not quick and quite annoying.

I love every other Garmin device I have but it feels like the mini took some shortcuts to just get the old inreach packaged into a small form factor. And don't get me started on the battery life...
i think mine is like 5% battery life per hour and that's not even in tracking mode. its abysmal

Make sure you have the most recent updates and firmware. I was having a similar issue so I called them and updated everything. After that I didn’t have an issue.
Since I just ordered one and it will be here today - can you download ongoing updates directly to the device?

Mine took a while to send and receive messages. I would have to manually check for messages and it would take sometimes 20 minutes. I dont use it for the gps function and turn it off after getting a message out. Only needed to charge it once. However when I would click on the map function in my phone app, it would not load the map.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back