Influenced

Influencers make me feel like a failure when they only post hero shots, heavy packs and every time they go hunting it is some epic life changing event.

They make me feel weak and feeble when I weigh my pack and it’s only 65 pounds and not 125 pounds they are continually posting about. Influencers cause me to question my stamina and preseason training when I am spent after a mere 4 or 5 mile day and they are hiking 12 before the sun comes up.

Some of these folks who run YouTube channels from the PNW have certainly influenced me in terms of technique.

Being new to hunting, YT was the first place I turned to for how-tos and ride-along type of content.
Particularly Northwest Wild & Free, and Cascade Backcountry.

If nothing else, It was just nice to see the type of terrain and environment that these folks are finding animals in, and see how they go about closing the deal on them.

And of course Randy’s got me looking at some Leupolds more than once.

Mystery Ranch pack because of Randy's bag dump videos. As far as hunting styles and learning to hunt in the west Remi Warren, that dude's podcasts are like a Masters level class in hunting, information is easy to grasp and all of it has been sound (so far). I even won a Stone Glacier bag on one of his live dial in shows so bonus points for that.

I exist in a state of affairs quite the opposite of sheep shape, I wear military surplus wool, shoot the most toxic lead on the market out of a dinged up rifle with unimpressive ballistics, often hunt with a slight buzz, never really glass, and wander around aimlessly and ineffectively, rarely finding much less killing my quarry, all the while poorly taking pictures of trees I think are old and ugly.

But I do have a Mystery Ranch backpack.
#chickenfriedsteakshape

I exist in a state of affairs quite the opposite of sheep shape, I wear military surplus wool, shoot the most toxic lead on the market out of a dinged up rifle with unimpressive ballistics, often hunt with a slight buzz, never really glass, and wander around aimlessly and ineffectively, rarely finding much less killing my quarry, all the while poorly taking pictures of trees I think are old and ugly.

But I do have a Mystery Ranch backpack.
I think I may have just been influenced.

Kenetreks thats Randys fault. Mystery ranch. I have alot of kings camo but not sure where I was influenced to buy it... I think it was more I like their camo patterns so that's what I bought and ended up liking it.

If I was influenced by someone who is not an influencer - does that make them an influencer for the future?

Maybe inspired by some who are not influencer's. I don't know if that counts.

I've probably been influenced to some degree, possibly in the kuiu and boots I wear. But I'd like to point out that I had no idea what Mystery Ranch was when I got mine. I just new that my cousin who worked there hooked me up big time when she gave me a smoking deal on a brand new Metcalf.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back