Influenced

tjones

So along the theme of the day.

Has your hunting style or gear ever been influenced by an influencer?

Probably some without realizing it. I know some climbing and outdoor gear guys from a few years back had a big influence on my clothing and equpiment selection: Ryan Jordan from Backpacking Light, Andy Kirkpatrick, Mark Twight, Steve House. They way they thought about gear as a concept, then the actual equipment appealed to me. They were sorta influencers of a certain time.

I've probably been influenced to employ more modern rifle and optics concepts by social media, which I don't mind.

In terms of hunting style, I don't think I've been influenced by outside entities much at all.

Interesting question.

I exist in a state of affairs quite the opposite of sheep shape, I wear military surplus wool, shoot the most toxic lead on the market out of a dinged up rifle with unimpressive ballistics, often hunt with a slight buzz, never really glass, and wander around aimlessly and ineffectively, rarely finding much less killing my quarry, all the while poorly taking pictures of trees I think are old and ugly.

But I do have a Mystery Ranch backpack.

yeah, it's hard not to have been a little influenced when you started hunting 6 seasons ago and most of what you learned initially was from rinellas podcast.

i have a savage rifle, but that's only because that was the only left handed 30-06 on the used rack that day i walked into cabelas. coulda been damn near any brand of rifle, i just kept walking in there hoping a used lefty .06 would be there one day, and finally one was.

i was pretty influenced by the ultralight backpacking crowd before i got into hunting. i tried translating some of that gear and knowledge to hunting and i was cold as shit every night and didn't have enough room in my backpack. so randy convinced me to buy a mystery ranch. i bought some new sleep gear that was more suited to fall wintry weather instead of summer alpine.

i guess rinella convinced me to buy vortex.

otherwise i mostly wear costco pants and trail runners depending on the weather and terrain and old school GoLite for my puff wear.

no mfer is ever gonna convince me to buy a yeti cooler tho

I exist in a state of affairs quite the opposite of sheep shape, I wear military surplus wool, shoot the most toxic lead on the market out of a dinged up rifle with unimpressive ballistics, often hunt with a slight buzz, never really glass, and wander around aimlessly and ineffectively, rarely finding much less killing my quarry, all the while poorly taking pictures of trees I think are old and ugly.

I think it is safe to say that you didn't learn to hunt on the internet.

Not an AI bot ✅

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back