Indiana deer hunting.

I wasted 30 years chasing bucks like that on public land and even my own private, before I learned 99% of them are nocturnal after the first week of October. And nothing I was going to do would ever change that. Only after I abandoned my comfort zones, the higher profile IL & IN public, and changed my properties & strategy did everything change. Now I no longer hunt nocturnal bucks. And I don't look at night time cam photos of them. In fact I don't even need or use trail cams any more. They only got stolen at hunter saturated public anyway. I have quality hunts regularly now, and never goin back. Lol

my wife and I were blessed again this year in our home state.

Attachments

• DB09A035-0718-42F6-BCE2-612611F5D42B.jpeg
    DB09A035-0718-42F6-BCE2-612611F5D42B.jpeg
    427.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 92E5C78E-BD81-4F50-9C8E-E82FC2827717.jpeg
    92E5C78E-BD81-4F50-9C8E-E82FC2827717.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 14

I had some pictures of this deer sent to me from a family friend, then I found this write up on meat eater. Looks like it will be the new state record.
This deer was killed less than a mile from my house!! Talk about a mega giant

Unfortunately I haven't been able to hunt my home state in awhile. With all the land being leased anymore it's cheaper to go out of state and hunt. The closest public land to me is 2 hours away and the last time I went there you needed to bring your own rock to have a place to stand.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to hunt my home state in awhile. With all the land being leased anymore it's cheaper to go out of state and hunt. The closest public land to me is 2 hours away and the last time I went there you needed to bring your own rock to have a place to stand.
Yep leasing has been a down fall to many local hunters here in the Hoosier state. My wife and I were on a walk the other day and I noticed some No Trespassing signs with leased by outfitters name on them stapled to every telephone pole the length of the field. There was a field and 10 trees just outside of town...that is it! I have lived in this area all my life and have never once laid eyes on a deer there. I used to have more places to hunt than I could count..now I have 2 and thankfully I am the land manager for one of them.
I let people hunt it for free and control the number of hunters. I give out permission on a first come/ask first serve basis. I ticked a lot of people off when I took it over but it has been working out and the deer and other wildlife have been thriving and quality has improved.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back