I'm just a big softy

Walt lister

Didn't know where to put this but since roadrunners are a predator, here goes----

A few weeks ago a roadrunner showed up in my back yard with a broken right leg. He could barely get around. I tried to feed him then but he didn't take it and then disappeared for a couple of weeks. Well, he's back and after a couple of tries he decided that hamburger is pretty good stuff.

Now when he hears the back door he jumps up on the fence and waits
roadrunner001.jpg

roadrunner002-1.jpg

MMMM, better than a lizard
roadrunner003-1.jpg

He usually knocks some off onto the ground and goes after it
roadrunner005-1.jpg

roadrunner007.jpg

He's getting around pretty good now so I should slowly reduce what I feed him so he can go back to his normal diet.
It's hard to pass up the opportunity to help an injured animal even though some will say to let nature take it's course.

It's hard to pass up the opportunity to help an injured animal even though some will say to let nature take it's course.

I for one am glad that we as humans don't have that philosophy or I'd had have some broken arms, a screwed up shoulder and some nasty infection.:eek: You're welcome to bring burger to my house any day.;)

Lawnboy, Agreed we would all be "up a river of excrement without a means of propulsion"!!
(Wondered when I'd be able to say that.)

Good for you Walt! We see alot of those down here in the spring and summer...........where do they go in the winter??????????? Serious question. John

When I went to Phoenix over the summer,in the mornings there would be a few outside

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HappyClar
Back