I'm 20 years old. What's your excuse?

I'm still not sure what being 20 years old is an excuse for but I hope you make the most of it. Good luck this season.

"What I wouldn't give for 20 yr old eyes and legs again".

I just finished a 30 some year career yesterday, employed as a state fish and wildlife management agency technician - boots on the ground (in the water) the whole time, paid by the public hunter/angler, to provide data to the smart people that make the decisions🤣.
At 56 years young (no excuses here) with a minimal amount of wisdom gained - I don't wish to have 20 something anything again. Damn glad to be the age I am and had the experiences I have had.
The OP, as an up and coming and interested outdoorsman, has an interesting and uncertain future ahead. A conclusion I have reached based on my exhaustive review and analysis of the available anecdotal (read: plain as the nose on one's face) data.
dawntoduskoutdoors, whoever you are, make the most of what you can today. Razr and all, if that what it takes nowadays.
While you're at it - maybe show up once in a while for the future of what you're posting on here.
I'm getting old, had my good times (intend to have a lot more, now). I won't be following your adventures on a website - be too busy living mine:)..................................................

Last edited:
At 20, my hunting rig was a Ford Courier and my wardrobe was mostly acquired at the local Army surplus store. Back then, elk would come in to a little corrugated tube bugle that sounded like a flute. I spent a lot of time in the woods. If I would have only had a RZR then...

My move back East has been my biggest excuse for not hunting as much in recent years. I just was not too excited about the hunting there. Last year, I decided that hunting was hunting, buried my excuse, spent a bunch of time in the woods, and had a blast. I plan on a repeat this year.

Nothing wrong with Piss and Vinegar.

682BD530-58EC-4372-A907-693746022101.jpeg

The OP is full to overflowing with both.

gonna be an internet star... if he learns that if there are no pictures it never happened or at least on a forum it doesn’t matter if it did...

2EEC6AAA-FDE4-46E8-A297-9ADC93A117E7.jpeg

and nobody really wants to read a bunch of hoohaa that doesn’t include interesting photos.

7CBAFA0C-4B10-4EC5-9568-E3BE6742A1EA.jpeg

Last edited:
When I was full of piss and vinegar at 20 years old, there was hunting areas left where no man had gone before (much anyway). All of it on a good pair of boots. That was in 1981, and I had yet to harvest a bull with my bow. There was only 5000 archery hunters in the State back then too.

Now there's no mountain valley that's not getting attention, especially if there game there.

If you wanted to really talk about the best Elk hunting days, those 80's to 90's years were wasted on a really green archer. Of course nobody had social media to get a heads up on the how, the why, and the where to hunt.

Good luck on your gawdamm rzrs .

Back