Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Illinois deer season

Heading back out tomorrow morning. Still have 2 tags. Have some company stopping by sometime on Friday so I may not get out. Not sure when they'll pass through. Good luck to everyone still out there hunting!
Doubt I'll make it out 2nd season have family from Wisconsin coming down to duck hunt over the weekend. @Gellar you want me to have them pick you up on the way??

Doubt I'll make it out 2nd season have family from Wisconsin coming down to duck hunt over the weekend. @Gellar you want me to have them pick you up on the way??
Big weekend coming up. Our deer season is Sat-Wednesday. 132 calves through the shoot for their 2nd vaccinations the following weekend and I have to work at paying job the last weekend of your season. Otherwise I’d your cousins and buy the spotted cow.

Heading back out tomorrow morning. Still have 2 tags. Have some company stopping by sometime on Friday so I may not get out. Not sure when they'll pass through. Good luck to everyone still out there hunting!
Supposed to be a regular heat wave tomorrow and Friday it sounds like.

Supposed to be a regular heat wave tomorrow and Friday it sounds like.
Well, low of 16 tonight with a high of 38 long after I get home. But Friday is calling for 53! Again, after I get home IF I get out in the first place. May just sleep in and wait for company to find us.

Step son is using my Browning gold slug gun. Next year we go to straight walled centrrfire and 45-70 will be on my radar. Trying to find the right slugs has been a pain in the ass last few years and gotten very expensive. Lever gun most likely.
My son has a 44mag Handi Rifle that has been a really good straight wall rig ( back when we had no HPR in IN and he used it in Texas on a few bucks). If I was in the market for a straight wall I would probably be looking at the Ruger American in 350 Legend. Cheaper and easier to get ammo than a 45-70 and mild recoil.

My son has a 44mag Handi Rifle that has been a really good straight wall rig ( back when we had no HPR in IN and he used it in Texas on a few bucks). If I was in the market for a straight wall I would probably be looking at the Ruger American in 350 Legend. Cheaper and easier to get ammo than a 45-70 and mild recoil.
My brother showed up at my house from Cabelas on Black Friday with a new savage 350 legend. After I sighted it in for him I tried to get one to, but they were already out of stock. It was a sweet shooter but in hindsight im glad it didn’t work out.

Well, low of 16 tonight with a high of 38 long after I get home. But Friday is calling for 53! Again, after I get home IF I get out in the first place. May just sleep in and wait for company to find us.
Yea, Tuesday was a high of 42 and rain that changed to snow , it was a high of 20 here yesterday with flurries and bitter cold wind, 30s today, 50s Friday and back down to the 20s for a high Saturday. I think Mother Nature is sippin the egg nog and needs to get this crazy weather straightened around.

Has to be single shot is part of the law is what I'm hearing. Probably gonna get an additional barrel for my tc encore. I've always wanted a 45-70 son that's probably the route I'll go...although its not going to be a marlin lever gun like I've wanted since I was a kid thumbing through the shooters Bible.

Yea, Tuesday was a high of 42 and rain that changed to snow , it was a high of 20 here yesterday with flurries and bitter cold wind, 30s today, 50s Friday and back down to the 20s for a high Saturday. I think Mother Nature is sippin the egg nog and needs to get this crazy weather straightened around.
Good way for everyone and everything to get sick.

I bowhunted yesterday morning, wind was horrible. Getting ready to head out now. Here in camp we all bought cva scout 2 in 350 legend. 2 boxes of barnes showed up about a week ago, hopefully that load works out.

They lied. I had 12 degrees when I left the house! At least the wind is gone. Finally built a handrail for the porch steps I built this summer and my fingers were about dead from the cold yesterday.
Not a single shot heard so far and the duck hunters are pretty quiet as well. The sun is almost halfway down the trees so maybe it will warm up shortly. 3 hours to go.

Back home with deer number 2 for the year in just under 4 hours. Need to get my measurements for the online check-in and get it hung up. That filled my antlerless tag and now I just have my ES muzzy tag left. Maybe Saturday will a good day! Sleeping in tomorrow.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back