Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Iguana (Chicken of the trees) - Anyone ever try this?

I was set to try some iguana I had in my freezer a couple years ago until my 3 year old daughter found an interest in playing with the temperature dial on my chest freezer. A bluetooth thermometer is now a must-have device.

Airguns illegal? Dang, they coming for my Crossman "Eurasian Dove Peacekeeper" next? What after that, Ralphie's Christmas present?

Maybe my plan isn't going to work. Was a good idea while that balloon floated, only to be shot down by the Daisy Red Rider confiscation crowd.

Man, I wish I lived outside city limits. Those tasty invasive doves taunt me every day in my backyard.

Man, I wish I lived outside city limits. Those tasty invasive doves taunt me every day in my backyard.

I hunt them all the time with my pellet gun.My freezer is full.
Want some?Come and get em'. 😎

Iguanas are everywhere around the city canals down here. That is probably your biggest problem, getting access to a property were you can kill them. They don't seem to be out in the public hunting areas much, probably due to predators.

I kind of despise the creatures since they kept getting into my garden a couple years ago and I killed two of them. They were pretty small though so not worth trying to cook up.

I was set to try some iguana I had in my freezer a couple years ago until my 3 year old daughter found an interest in playing with the temperature dial on my chest freezer. A bluetooth thermometer is now a must-have device.
I've dealt with that...

I had some down in Puerto Rico last year when I was down there working on the hurricane relief. It really is pretty good. Those things are everywhere down there. The govt actually wanted you to run them over to help check the population.

This is almost too intriguing to not go to Florida and try to find some of these big lizards to hunt and eat. Call me strange, my wife will agree, but lately I have been interested in converting to food those species most often deemed unworthy. Mrs. Fin still has me at arm's length over eating 'skrats this spring. She might pack my bags and leave my belongings on the street if we start eating iguanas, so maybe I will send Marcus and Michael down for the lizard gig. Yeah, Marcus will eat anything.

Article here about hunting/trapping and eating this invasive species - https://www.sun-sentinel.com/featur...eb7MwZT8aaqvq46CWaO7K8ACux57PdhhjFqGSniQ1WmVk

Curious, any Hunt Talker ever eat, or try to hunt/trap, iguana?

It has to be better than the muskrat you tried to poison me with!

'flave visit?

I was just down in the keys this last March and had a backwater fishing charter all lined out, complete with iguana add on.. but I had to back out of the fishing trip unfortunately.

The iguanas are everywhere down there, along with feral cats and chickens. I think a guy with an airgun could feed himself pretty well. I mean, guys are eating muskrat now, I'd say lawn lions are a natural progression.

I was just down in the keys this last March and had a backwater fishing charter all lined out, complete with iguana add on.. but I had to back out of the fishing trip unfortunately.

The iguanas are everywhere down there, along with feral cats and chickens. I think a guy with an airgun could feed himself pretty well. I mean, guys are eating muskrat now, I'd say lawn lions are a natural progression.

From Peking chicken to Peking kitten...

You just have to kill them humanely, although the "experts"(whoever they are) recommended methods are pellet guns, decapitating them, or stabbing them in the brains. Here you go. https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/florida/fl-sb-iguana-handling-issues-20180131-story.html I guess you use to be able to freeze them too...a little odd.
Freezing might be the best way to go about killing them...I have put a mess or two of frogs in the freezer to slow them down enough to clean them.
I google an article I remember reading, doesn't look like much of a hunt in late winter. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...them-up/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.39220f0de254

Chef Scott Leyseth did a really good episode about iguanas on one of his shows in the past. He has 2 shows and I don't remember which one it was for you to look up. He rode with an iguana hunter in a housing complex that shot them with an air rifle. He cleaned and cooked them in a couple of different preparations and was happy with them.

It's Friday so it seems appropriate here:

I feel a hot wind on my shoulder
And the touch of a world that is older
Turn the switch and check the number
Leave it on when in bed I slumber
I hear the rhythms of the music
I buy the product and never use it
I hear the talking of the dj
Can't understand just what does he say?

I'm on a mexican radio
I'm on a mexican radio

I dial it in and tune the station
They talk about the u.s. inflation
I understand just a little
No comprende--it's a riddle

I'm on a mexican radio
I'm on a mexican radio

I wish I was in Tiajuana
Eating barbecued iguana

I'd take requests on the telephone
I'm on a wavelength far from home
I feel a hot wind on my shoulder
I dial it in from south of the border
I hear the talking of the dj
Can't understand just what does he say?

Radio radio...

Iguana are a blast to hunt. If you are ever in any Caribbean or central american country on a vacation you'd rather not be on, it is a great excursion. Cruise lines wont help line them up but you can hunt them at almost any fruit plantation. Airguns work great and you can kill some big lizards. As far as tablefare, YMMV. I thinks its more similar to frogs legs than chicken.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back