Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

If you were starting fresh and wanted to live out west... Where would you go?

We've never regretted the move to Missoula..... ever! It's a really fun town and the outdoor recreation is amazing. Tough job market and high housing costs though. Watch A River Runs Through It one more time before deciding :)

nope.

Boztropolis, Montanifornia.

High demand for nannies.
Probably tons of jobs for engineers given the explosive growth.
A plethora of Microbreweries full of twentysomethings.
high demand for children as there are so many soccer teams that there is a shortage of players.
About 50000 currently, will be about 100000 in a year.

I think you have a winner.

:)

Good one! Exactly why I left there 23 years ago....

Shoot sorry for dragging my feet on responses guys I"ve been helping a friend move all weekend, but thanks for the replies! I think Cheyenne may be one of our best options but I was there briefly last year and it was at the tail end of a 28hr drive so I may have been incoherent but it doesn't seem like there much wilderness readily available... for evening biking trips. I'd LOVE to get her to MT but I don't think I"ll be able to swing that, we discussed going in the winter to see what she thinks.

We considered Phoenix but I have a chocolate lab that absolutely HATES the heat, he'll go outside for a walk in 80 deg heat and be done in 10min but I can train him in the fall and you'll never be able to physically wear him out.

ALso looked into flagstaff, loved it until someone told me it's a real hippy artsy town....

The NM town sounds nice, that's definitely something I'll consider.

Just looked into Boise and I think that place may have what we're looking for! I think we're going to book a flight out there this winter to check it out.

I'd say Alaska, but the economy is about ready to fall off a cliff... finding work could be tough in the near future, but if you're good at what you do, you can still find work.

The only place in the west I would look at would be someplace in western MT, or NW Wyoming.

You are welcome to hit me up for info and some sightseeing if you decide to come out for a quick trip.

Just looked into Boise and I think that place may have what we're looking for! I think we're going to book a flight out there this winter to check it out.

Funny that Helena would be considered too small considering we have about 60,000 people that live in our area.

Funny that Helena would be considered too small considering we have about 60,000 people that live in our area.

That was my thought. I live in a town of 1,900 and I feel crowded. Different strokes for different folks.

Shoot sorry for dragging my feet on responses guys I"ve been helping a friend move all weekend, but thanks for the replies! I think Cheyenne may be one of our best options but I was there briefly last year and it was at the tail end of a 28hr drive so I may have been incoherent but it doesn't seem like there much wilderness readily available... for evening biking trips. I'd LOVE to get her to MT but I don't think I"ll be able to swing that, we discussed going in the winter to see what she thinks.

We considered Phoenix but I have a chocolate lab that absolutely HATES the heat, he'll go outside for a walk in 80 deg heat and be done in 10min but I can train him in the fall and you'll never be able to physically wear him out.

ALso looked into flagstaff, loved it until someone told me it's a real hippy artsy town....

You'll love Missoula.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back